Sponsored

Using Pro power in the bed for an electric blanket?

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Machinist Technician
I wanted to use the pro power for the first time and have an air mattress and electric heat blanket in the bed. I don't know if I was doing anything wrong or if the truck couldn't power the blanket? It's a standard outlet plug, not even a 3 prong or anything. Maybe someone can shed some light on why it didn't work?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
I wanted to use the pro power for the first time and have an air mattress and electric heat blanket in the bed. I don't know if I was doing anything wrong or if the truck couldn't power the blanket? It's a standard outlet plug, not even a 3 prong or anything. Maybe someone can shed some light on why it didn't work?
Did work initially and stop after 30 minutes? Shut off the automatic shutdown timer.

Which plug group (Frunk or Bed) ?

OP
OP
Brandaman37

Brandaman37

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Machinist Technician
Did work initially and stop after 30 minutes? Shut off the automatic shutdown timer.

Which plug group (Frunk or Bed) ?
In the truck infotainment center, it said the power on and working. I tried every outlet in the bed of the truck and none of them worked for the electric heated blanket.

I had the truck turned on 100% since it said i couldn't use proposer on board with the vehicle off. (Maybe there is a way if you out in service mode or something but I didn't care, I just turned vehicle on and tried)

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
The first thing to do is go get a lamp or something and try to get it to work in the outlet. Did you push the green button to power on the circuit?

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE (sold). F150L Platinum
Did you turn on the outlets? You have to press the button next to them or turn them on from the pro power infotainment screen.

Was the air mattress inflator powered and working? And only the blanket didn't work?
Sponsored