• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Warranty Thoughts

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
yeah they screwed you over. I literally bought my lighting 3 days ago and told them if they couldn’t match granger ford warranty I would buy it online with them. Dealership matched it.
My dealership ultimately matched the online price, too. After I rejected their extremely high first price, they gave me their "actual cost" price, which was $400 higher than the online price. I told them they should contact Ford because Ford was selling it to other dealerships for less. The dealership then admitted their "actual cost" price included $400 profit. 🤔
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I was poking around and taking a look at the granger site for my 2022 platinum because to this point was under the impression that the ford warranty was good enough since it’s an EV but I do not see California as a state option through them. Wondering if anyone knows of another one?
California passed a law prohibiting you from saving money on a car extended warranty, just like Florida. You live in a state where lobbying interests outweigh public good apparently. Go read up on the reasoning and you will see.

Rthol21

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Director of Recruitment
Don’t really care about the politics, just on what options are available. Thanks.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Don’t really care about the politics, just on what options are available. Thanks.
The crux of Rick’s post is that you don't have any out of state options.
Sponsored