• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Water in rear light bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Also have the same problem on a '22 Lariat ER. Dealership also wants me to drop it off to "diagnose" the issue for the entire day before they will even order in the part. I guess I have to wait until 12/16 for them to just to look at it..

Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
My dealer sent pictures to Ford. They said the part will likely be ordered once Ford gives the OK to do so. Who knows. Even if they get it delivered right away, they are already booking service visits into late January.

hifiandy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I have water in my rear light bar as well and have scheduled an appointment with the dealer to verify it for warranty. They wanted to schedule a diagnostic appointment with a technician for an hour but I assured them the service writer could easily see the condition. It does appear there's a design or build issue though with this many occurrences this quickly.

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
I have water in my rear light bar as well and have scheduled an appointment with the dealer to verify it for warranty. They wanted to schedule a diagnostic appointment with a technician for an hour but I assured them the service writer could easily see the condition. It does appear there's a design or build issue though with this many occurrences this quickly.
I'm curious now. For the owners who have experienced this, what's your setup? What kind of climate are you in? Do you park in a garage? How long have you had your vehicles?

Sponsored

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
FWIW. I just got my 3rd rear lightbar replaced under warranty 4 days ago. Don’t let any dealerships give you static about it. My worry now is this will be a regular occurrence until my warranty runs out ($1600 replacement). I trust my history with it will help when this happens.

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm curious now. For the owners who have experienced this, what's your setup? What kind of climate are you in? Do you park in a garage? How long have you had your vehicles?
I live in AZ. Early delivery (July). Not a ton of rain out here. Also think I was one of the first have the Frunk fail completely. Ford engineer said water intrusion in the powered struts was to blame. All this and I live in a DESERT! So far FoMoCo has been good about it

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
FWIW. I just got my 3rd rear lightbar replaced under warranty 4 days ago. Don’t let any dealerships give you static about it. My worry now is this will be a regular occurrence until my warranty runs out ($1600 replacement). I trust my history with it will help when this happens.
Your... third!? Have they given you any reason? Bad design? Bad adhesive?

hifiandy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I live in Kansas and received my truck mid-August. I do park outside. I just noticed it when I was walking out to my truck in the Home Depot parking lot, so can't time it with a heavy rain or anything. I was also thinking the tailgate step may be a factor as that provides an opening into the tailgate for water. Just a guess though.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Add me to the list... had the truck for 1 month. Truck is in a garage overnight. Temps been around 40-50 degrees in the garage. Im in Wisconsin, so it's been exposed to mostly winter type weather so far.

Ford F-150 Lightning Water in rear light bar IMG_0704

Ford F-150 Lightning Water in rear light bar IMG_0703

Sponsored

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Your... third!? Have they given you any reason? Bad design? Bad adhesive?
They haven’t said anything about it at the dealer level but I have to assume corporate has to know that there is an issue. They have also thankfully not given me a hard time with replacement. That said. We can’t keep doing this either

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
Add me to the list... had the truck for 1 month. Truck is in a garage overnight. Temps been around 40-50 degrees in the garage. Im in Wisconsin, so it's been exposed to mostly winter type weather so far.
Wow. I'm sorry. These are starting to pile up. I wonder if they've started to fix it in more recent production models, but I doubt it given @AZT9 above has had THREE replacements. Disappointing for new Lightning owners (and anxiety inducing for us who haven't experienced the moisture yet).

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
@Ford Motor Company what is corporate saying about these multiple failures? Guys on their Third light bar in here…

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just got back from my dealership. They required the entire day to look at the light to uh.. "diagnose" the issue. They came to the conclusion that they are just going to replace the light bar. Anyway... They put an order in for the lightbar and it is "on national back order until 1-19-23". Let's hope the one they send is an updated part that hopefully resolves this so it won't happen again. I don't think I could handle three replacements like the other poster.
Sponsored