• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Water in rear light bar

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Damn, with the amount of issues people seem to be having with the light bar, I'm thinking I'm just gonna disassemble the tailgate and preemptively reinforce seal the entire perimeter seam of the housings with clear RTV. So far I haven't seen any water intrusion, but I'm not gonna wait until my lightbar fails.
Sponsored

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
Damn, with the amount of issues people seem to be having with the light bar, I'm thinking I'm just gonna disassemble the tailgate and preemptively reinforce seal the entire perimeter seam of the housings with clear RTV. So far I haven't seen any water intrusion, but I'm not gonna wait until my lightbar fails.
Would love a process update when you do. I’m considering this as well.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Today I discovered water in my tailgate light...ugh.

Ford F-150 Lightning Water in rear light bar 20221216_151500

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I dropped mine off today. I’ll let you know how it goes.
@Kdl how did it go? I have not had the courage to deal with another service visit. I just had a Blind spot and Cross alert malfunction due to pinched wire that created a day full of hassle for me.

Sponsored

Kdl

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
@Kdl how did it go? I have not had the courage to deal with another service visit. I just had a Blind spot and Cross alert malfunction due to pinched wire that created a day full of hassle for me.
it was as you would expect. I was forced to leave the truck overnight just for them to tell me it will be a long wait for the replacement and to come pick the truck back up.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Where is this on the tailgate? In the actual bar? I can’t find it for the life of me. Also hey Go Beavs.
I have a Pro, it's part of my handle. (Used in zone lighting)

I have a tailgate step and was adding that I also have issues with water seals in a tailgate light.

Beavs are back, hope they get a 10 win season tomorrow!

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Finally took it to the dealer for them to check out and make sure it wasn't from impact or my fault in some way. It took a little over an hour and they confirmed it needs to be warranty replaced and is on back order. Now I just wait for them to call me when it comes in.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
When I took mine to service to get the mightbar looked at...The looks of disgust and annoyance and the way I was treated at the service department....the absolute hatred in their voices when they talked to anyone on the phone... did I make a bad choice switching from a Tesla to a Ford? Maybe it's just the dealership.

Sponsored

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
I had this same issue, stopped by the dealer and the service advisor was nice enough to just order the part without requiring a diagnosis appointment.

ETA end of Jan. Everything seems to work fine I just see drops in the bar.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
When I took mine to service to get the mightbar looked at...The looks of disgust and annoyance and the way I was treated at the service department....the absolute hatred in their voices when they talked to anyone on the phone... did I make a bad choice switching from a Tesla to a Ford? Maybe it's just the dealership.
@Ford Motor Company is ok with this?

SebR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
2022 Lariat Lightning in Ottawa Canada. Full bar has water. Started in the right side... lost that light and it has progressed to a flickering full light... mostly out. But now its the white part that is flickering ... its bad. My dealership is delaying response right now.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I just made my first service visit, I have a Pro but I have water in the Light on the Tailgate handle. Also having them look at the Frunk button which seems to not always work when the Frunk is up. Dealer can't get me in until end of month, but neither affects drivability so I'm ok with that.

Ford F-150 Lightning Water in rear light bar 20221216_151500

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
2022 Lariat Lightning in Ottawa Canada. Full bar has water. Started in the right side... lost that light and it has progressed to a flickering full light... mostly out. But now its the white part that is flickering ... its bad. My dealership is delaying response right now.
Really hope we can get Ford in here to issue a TSB or something.
Sponsored