• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Weather Stripping/Seal Noise

FlatcoatFarm

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I seem to recall a mention of this on a previous thread, but could not find it through search.

When the wind direction and my truck speed is just right (or wrong?!), I get an annoying noise in the window of the driver's door. It seems that wind is getting caught in the window seal and creating a high frequency flapping noise. If I gently press outwards on the window with my left arm while driving, it goes away.

I examined the seal, and it looks properly seated, and similar to the other doors/windows.

Do others experience this, and have you found a solution for making it permanently go away?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I seem to recall a mention of this on a previous thread, but could not find it through search.

When the wind direction and my truck speed is just right (or wrong?!), I get an annoying noise in the window of the driver's door. It seems that wind is getting caught in the window seal and creating a high frequency flapping noise. If I gently press outwards on the window with my left arm while driving, it goes away.

I examined the seal, and it looks properly seated, and similar to the other doors/windows.

Do others experience this, and have you found a solution for making it permanently go away?
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Every f150 has this problem. I think the door flexes

Daveo

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariet

Mine does this as well. If I adjust the window a few times I can get it to go away until I open the window again. At which point I rinse and repeat. It’s annoying, but not nearly as annoying as dropping it off at the dealer and being told they didn’t hear it. 🙄

Sponsored

MJDore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Finance
I have this same issue out of nowhere. I’ve been on two separate 2,000 mile round trips and had no trouble. Now it has popped up. Considering this impacts all F150 models, maybe there’s a decent workaround. Watching this thread.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have this same issue out of nowhere. I’ve been on two separate 2,000 mile round trips and had no trouble. Now it has popped up. Considering this impacts all F150 models, maybe there’s a decent workaround. Watching this thread.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
There are a couple of things to look for/try:
- is the door oriented reasonably?
- can you adjust the latch to hold the door tighter (which will also make the door slightly harder to close)?
- replace the big rubber trim piece that goes all the way around the door <-- this fixed the intermittent air leak noise that I got when the truck flexed on larger bumps.

Daveo

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariet
There are a couple of things to look for/try:
- is the door oriented reasonably?
- can you adjust the latch to hold the door tighter (which will also make the door slightly harder to close)?
- replace the big rubber trim piece that goes all the way around the door <-- this fixed the intermittent air leak noise that I got when the truck flexed on larger bumps.
Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll take a look today to see if the door looks out of adjustment. That’s something I’d generally notice, but maybe it’s just on the edge of being out of adjustment. Replacing the seal is definitely something I’d want the dealer to pay for if I have to go that route.

pullinggs

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Please keep us updated... mine has the same problem.

Sponsored

GingerBear85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER - Stone Metallic
Occupation
Construction
Same problem here, noticed it started when the moonroof was open and the windows up so I would open the back slider... now it happens anytime I'm on the freeway with no windows open. I mentioned it at the dealership during my last service (20k) and was told that's just the way it is and all seals will leak with wind pressure. I just figured it was something I would have to live with but if @Ford Motor Company finds a fix for @FlatcoatFarm or anyone else I'd love to take that info to Price Ford to try and get it resolved!

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Same issue here. It is more pronounced on my XLT than my Pro. I know model is unrelated, I'm trying to point out that it is noticeable between different trucks.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Same issue here. It is more pronounced on my XLT than my Pro. I know model is unrelated, I'm trying to point out that it is noticeable between different trucks.
Hi there. This weatherstrip concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Lightning truck. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".
Sponsored