• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

WeatherTech seat protectors in 2023 F-150 Lightnings - reviews / feedback?

vichugo75116

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
What are your experiences with WeatherTech seat protectors in 2023 F-150 Lightnings? I bought seat protectors to protect the seats when my lab rides with us in the back seat. The bucket seat and back seat protectors I purchased seem to fit alright, but they don't seem to fit 100%. I doublechecked everything I ordered was for the 2023 Lightning. Nevertheless, the bucket seat protector appears to obstruct an airbag (first two photos). Second, the rear seat seems to have a gaping space in between the seat cushion and the seat back, so the foam attachment for the back seat protector has no place to be tucked in between (see second and third photos). Does the air bag appear to be obstructed? Does the gaping space between the seat cushion and the seat back look OK to you? The WeatherTech folks might not be up to speed on the 2023 Lightning, so I thought of checking with Lightning owners to see if I overlooked something before I call WeatherTech. Thank you for sharing your experiences with WeatherTech products in your Lightnings.

Ford F-150 Lightning WeatherTech seat protectors in 2023 F-150 Lightnings - reviews / feedback? IMG_9520

Ford F-150 Lightning WeatherTech seat protectors in 2023 F-150 Lightnings - reviews / feedback? IMG_9522

Ford F-150 Lightning WeatherTech seat protectors in 2023 F-150 Lightnings - reviews / feedback? IMG_9518

Ford F-150 Lightning WeatherTech seat protectors in 2023 F-150 Lightnings - reviews / feedback? IMG_9519
Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Does the air bag appear to be obstructed?
Maybe. The airbag deploys through the seam line the tag is connected to. My initial thought is the Velcro doesn't stand a chance against an airbag. My second thought is if the Velcro is stronger than I think the airbag could deploy behind the seat protector which would push the seat occupant forward.

I wouldn't put the seat protectors on but if you really want them you could send Weathertech an email and ask if they have been tested with airbags. If they are willing to put it in writing it's probably fine.

OP
OP

vichugo75116

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Maybe. The airbag deploys through the seam line the tag is connected to. My initial thought is the Velcro doesn't stand a chance against an airbag. My second thought is if the Velcro is stronger than I think the airbag could deploy behind the seat protector which would push the seat occupant forward.

I wouldn't put the seat protectors on but if you really want them you could send Weathertech an email and ask if they have been tested with airbags. If they are willing to put it in writing it's probably fine.
Thanks for your feedback and suggestion.

Wjburgin

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat / 2018 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Real Estate Development / Timberland Management
I bought seat protectors from Covercraft and they specifically say "for airbags" and have tear-away seams at the airbag locations. They made a big deal about this - and charged for it - so I'd think there is something to this...

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I can't speak to the WeatherTech ones. I got these though, they work with the airbags and are a nice fit. The only thing that didn't work for me was the center console cover. The console cover works with the Pro and XLT without the work surface though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BNKM5YTV/

Sponsored
OP
OP

vichugo75116

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
I bought seat protectors from Covercraft and they specifically say "for airbags" and have tear-away seams at the airbag locations. They made a big deal about this - and charged for it - so I'd think there is something to this...
Thanks! I'll look into them.

MaintGrl

First Name
Marsha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Lightning, Anti-Matter Blue SR (311a)
Occupation
Retired CWEA Grade 3 Maintenance Technician
I got Wet Okole F-150 Seat covers, front and back. Literally "fit like a glove" not something you take on and off, but I had a set on my 06 Taco 4x4 and they stood up well to day in, day out use. Just used a small steam cleaner to touch them up when they got a stain.
Sponsored