• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

what do the dashes mean on spreadsheet codes?

Abominable

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford Lightning Flash
Occupation
Auto
I am a new ford lightning owner and i got several things changed with my new pickup, but there are some codes that i find that have dashes at the end. upon doing research, people say that these are checksum values, but they dont tell you what to do with them. do i put literal dashes in forscan? do i just leave them blank? or do i put zeroes there?

for example:
here is a disable seatbelt reminder code that has dashes at the end of the 3rd block and im not sure how it wants me to address it.

Disable Seatbelt Reminder
IPC720-01-01xxxxxx0xxx--

Thanks for all the help in advance
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I am a new ford lightning owner and i got several things changed with my new pickup, but there are some codes that i find that have dashes at the end. upon doing research, people say that these are checksum values, but they dont tell you what to do with them. do i put literal dashes in forscan? do i just leave them blank? or do i put zeroes there?

for example:
here is a disable seatbelt reminder code that has dashes at the end of the 3rd block and im not sure how it wants me to address it.

Disable Seatbelt Reminder
IPC720-01-01xxxxxx0xxx--

Thanks for all the help in advance
It means that whatever needs to go there will be populated by FORScan automatically.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
so should i just leave them blank?
Leave whatever values FORScan changes that to when you change the other values. It will change that to whatever it needs to be to balance the checksum.

OP
OP

Abominable

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford Lightning Flash
Occupation
Auto
Leave whatever values FORScan changes that to when you change the other values. It will change that to whatever it needs to be to balance the checksum.
thank you for the information!
Sponsored