• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What does this indicator light on the dash mean?

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2024 Flash, MaxTow
Occupation
Retired
the red arrow points to the indicator in question:
Ford F-150 Lightning What does this indicator light on the dash mean? arrow pointing to lights sm

Here is a closeup:

Ford F-150 Lightning What does this indicator light on the dash mean? closeu
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
That’s correct. It’s telling you there is a problem with blind spot sensors.

OP
OP
climateguy

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Aha! Thanks.

There was a warning message "Blind Spot Alert Deactivated Trailer Attached" when I hooked up the trailer.

I thought that might be standard for when towing. This is the first time I've gone anywhere while towing a trailer.

The manual says towing a trailer doesn't necessarily deactivate the Blind Spot information system unless:

"Your vehicle does not have blind spot
information system with trailer coverage
"

Does a 2024 Flash with MaxTow have the blind spot information system with trailer coverage"?

OP
OP
climateguy

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The indicator disappeared when I unplugged the trailer connector. When I hooked up the trailer and plugged it in again, the indicator did not appear.

For the moment, I'll let sleeping indicators lie.

Sponsored

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
This is normal. Blind spot indicator does not work when a trailer is connected. Nor does BlueCruise.

OP
OP
climateguy

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The blind spot indicator does work when a trailer is connected, with some F-150 LIghtnings, according to the manual. Eg: this excerpt from the manual states that the BLIS turns off when a trailer is connected

Ford F-150 Lightning What does this indicator light on the dash mean? excerpts from BLIS message description

But, if your vehicle does have BLIS with trailer coverage, system stays on. The manual has a section explaining it:

Ford F-150 Lightning What does this indicator light on the dash mean? Manual BLIS with trailer coverage

Since my Flash indicated the system turned off because a trailer was connected, and then indicated nothing after a few times a trailer was hooked up and disconnected, I'm still wondering if a 2024 Flash has BLIS when a trailer is connected, or if my indicator has an intermittent fault. I'll be able to confirm once I get back out into traffic with a trailer connected, when a vehicle comes into the blind spot.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
The blind spot indicator does work when a trailer is connected, with some F-150 LIghtnings, according to the manual. Eg: this excerpt from the manual states that the BLIS turns off when a trailer is connected

excerpts from BLIS message description.jpg

But, if your vehicle does have BLIS with trailer coverage, system stays on. The manual has a section explaining it:

Manual BLIS with trailer coverage.jpg

Since my Flash indicated the system turned off because a trailer was connected, and then indicated nothing after a few times a trailer was hooked up and disconnected, I'm still wondering if a 2024 Flash has BLIS when a trailer is connected, or if my indicator has an intermittent fault. I'll be able to confirm once I get back out into traffic with a trailer connected, when a vehicle comes into the blind spot.
Keep reading the next section. You need to tell the truck how long your trailer is so it knows where the blind spot ends.

OP
OP
climateguy

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I gave the Ford software all the info it needed on the trailer. It is the "active trailer", and the only trailer the software knows about.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
OP
OP
climateguy

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My experience with my Chevy Bolt software problems was I'd take it to the dealer, they'd keep it all day and claim it was fixed. When I got the vehicle back, the system would be operating in the same way, i.e. with intermittently disappearing backup camera grid lines. I don't think they have the slightest idea as to what to do with software. I decided to live without it.

These electric vehicles I own are the first new cars I have ever bought. I hated having anything to do with the dealers I bought these from. I do not like being lied to, to my face, repeatedly.

Anyway, I towed the trailer some distance today and the BLIS system not functioning indicator came on soon after I started. It stayed on until I disconnected the trailer at the end of the day. When the trailer was connected and the BLIS not functioning indicator appeared, I verified that the software described the trailer as the "active" trailer, then I manually turned the BLIS system back on in the software. Within a second or two the toggle switch in the display switched itself back to the OFF position.

I'm going to ask Ford to verify that a 2024 Flash has BLIS with trailer coverage. Then I'll try to get them to describe how to turn the system on when a trailer is connected. The last resort is to have anything to do with a dealer.
Sponsored