• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

When using USB thumb drives to listen to music, the radio turns on (sometimes) upon starting the truck.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I have upgraded the factory sound system and I like to listen to music using a digital audio player, or just pop in a usb drive loaded with Flac files and it sounds great.

My problem is, if I'm listening to the usb drive and shut the truck off, then the next time I start truck up, it sometimes resumes the usb drive, or it switches to the last FM radio station I was listening to (months ago). Is there a way to have the truck NOT play the radio? I never listen to it anyway.

I know this is a minuscule topic but it seems there should be a solution, because it just randomly switches to the radio upon start up, which is annoying, plus the volume is much louder when in radio source. There has to be a simple way to fix this.

Thanks.
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Mine does the same sometimes. Sometimes it will start out on radio and then switch over to USB after ~10 to 30 seconds on its own. Acts like a boot issue.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
I have upgraded the factory sound system and I like to listen to music using a digital audio player, or just pop in a usb drive loaded with Flac files and it sounds great.

My problem is, if I'm listening to the usb drive and shut the truck off, then the next time I start truck up, it sometimes resumes the usb drive, or it switches to the last FM radio station I was listening to (months ago). Is there a way to have the truck NOT play the radio? I never listen to it anyway.

I know this is a minuscule topic but it seems there should be a solution, because it just randomly switches to the radio upon start up, which is annoying, plus the volume is much louder when in radio source. There has to be a simple way to fix this.

Thanks.
I think if you turn off the audio with the power button, that works. I use an SSD formatted in xfat in a USB case. I always turn off the audio with the knob (push) and unplug the USB cord too in case the USB stays powered after the truck is off.

OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I think if you turn off the audio with the power button, that works. I use an SSD formatted in xfat in a USB case. I always turn off the audio with the knob (push) and unplug the USB cord too in case the USB stays powered after the truck is off.

If you're talking about turning the audio off by the audio on/off button, I've tried that and it does the same thing, I'm just about convinced that there's nothing that could be done. :(

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
If you're talking about turning the audio off by the audio on/off button, I've tried that and it does the same thing, I'm just about convinced that there's nothing that could be done. :(
I see.

I just experimented with my system - it seems to randomly pick either the SSD or the FM radio - very strange that it doesn't 'remember' the last one played and stick with that.

When it starts with the SSD, it resumes the last song played.

I tried also pressing II pause before turning off the truck, but didn't seem to make any difference.

Weird.

I have SYNC4 by the way in a 2023 Pro - no SiriusXM (unless I use my old Roady tuner).

EDIT: Just occurred to me - I wonder if one could remove the other sources besides the USB port? Then it would have no choice!
Sponsored