Sponsored

When will 2025s be available? And does Ford normally run promotions to move older models?

John Becker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Light'g Lariat SR, '18 Audi S5 Cabriolet
It says which one it is on the top right of the window sticker. My Lariat has Active-X and they are fine. I know a lot of people actually prefer the Active-X over the real leather.
I'd like to know why. My memory of plastic seats (They called it vinyl.) from the 1970s is not good. This is a deal breaker for me. ActiveX is what Ford is calling plastic.
But IDK, maybe the quality of the plastic has improved over the past 50 years.
Sponsored

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER
I'd like to know why. My memory of plastic seats (They called it vinyl.) from the 1970s is not good. This is a deal breaker for me. ActiveX is what Ford is calling plastic.
The majority of "leather" over the prior few decades has been a plastic product. Very rarely do you have actual animal hide leather in modern vehicles.

Vinyl is one plastic product but it is not the only one. It was a cheap material to use and the "pleather" used in cars is compromise of different materials that are still plastic.

Frankly I think this is good on Ford and from the sounds of it this active-x material is well liked.

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
ActiveX is not like the Vinyl seals from the 70's. It's a premium synthetic product that has many advantages over leather. Many car manufacturers including high end companies are starting to introduce similar seating materials.

ActiveX is a synthetic seating material that's designed to be easier to clean, more durable, and more resistant to staining than leather. ActiveX is also animal-free, while some people associate leather with animal cruelty. Here are some ways ActiveX compares to leather:

• Cleaning: ActiveX can be cleaned with a standard leather cleaner, and it can withstand stronger cleaners for stains. Leather requires special care and cleaning to prevent cracking and tearing.

• Durability: Ford claims ActiveX is tougher than leather.

• Temperature resistance: ActiveX is said to resist temperature changes better than leather, so it shouldn't burn your legs in the summer or freeze them in the winter.

• Appearance: ActiveX is designed to maintain a premium look and feel over time.

• Cost: ActiveX is said to offer the look and feel of leather at a lower price.

John Becker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Light'g Lariat SR, '18 Audi S5 Cabriolet
If ActiveX (plastic) is superior to leather, then why would Ford put leather in their highest Platinum line and ActiveX (plastic) seats in their lower trims?

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
If ActiveX (plastic) is superior to leather, then why would Ford put leather in their highest Platinum line and ActiveX (plastic) seats in their lower trims?
We have a platinum 2017 Explorer. The platinum line usually gets the very high quality "Nirvana" leather. The Lariat leather is not the same grade, and I believe the ActiveX is a suitable and quality product after 10 days of ownership. I too had reservations, but ActiveX is what my unit came with and I'm over it now,
Sponsored