• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Where are the Tesla chargers?!

jlferg0509

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Malibu; 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
Why am I still not able to see Tesla chargers when planning a trip?! There are different areas, that this fails;
  • If I plan a trip, the native Ford Navigation NEVER shows a Tesla charger as an option.
  • If I attempt to manually look up a compatible Tesla charger, that I know is in the area because of the Tesla app, it does not show up in the the Ford native Navigation.
  • I've also noticed that if I try to use ABRP to plan a trip, it leans more towards showing Tesla chargers rather than other distributors. But digress, I'd like to see Tesla chargers as an option when planning a trip. Sometimes they are a more convenient option.
Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
while we can complain that they don't show up in one system, or the other, the best option for the time being is to handle it yourself - Google maps / Tesla's own Supercharger map, etc.
You can also choose to navigate to a building right at the same place as a known supercharger if you really HAVE to have the Ford Nav take you there...

I've traveled up and down I75 in GA and FL, and thru AL, using Superchargers the whole way... several thousands of miles - I never use the Ford NAV.

Ford F-150 Lightning Where are the Tesla chargers?! IMG_8960

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Use FordPass. Click on Energy tab, next click on public charging which brings up a local map and a search box. Type in the location you are searching near (e.g. Batavia, NY), and the Tesla chargers will show up.

OP
OP

jlferg0509

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Malibu; 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
while we can complain that they don't show up in one system, or the other, the best option for the time being is to handle it yourself - Google maps / Tesla's own Supercharger map, etc.
You can also choose to navigate to a building right at the same place as a known supercharger if you really HAVE to have the Ford Nav take you there...

IMG_8960.jpg
Thanks @hturnerfamily, I knew that Google maps shows chargers but haven't really checked it out recently. I assume this would work for me as well as any other tool, when I've arrived in a new area. I've grown to lean on the Ford Native Navigation when on the road because of the integration, although I will migrate to one of the other options if I run into a backup at a charger.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hopefully the Ford OTA team is working on adding the Superchargers to the list of updates needed. In the meantime, ill take PIN to drive and dog mode over adding superchargers to the nav.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Why am I still not able to see Tesla chargers when planning a trip?!
I'm hoping there will be an update to Ford Navigation to expand the list of available chargers, it's a separate project from the Public Charging app on the Sync screen.
Sponsored