Sponsored

Where to purchase the clips in the frunk?

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Just noticed that one of the panels in my frunk is missing 1 of the lock clips. Anyone know where a replacement can be purchased. Not sure of the actual name, so pictures are attached...
Ford F-150 Lightning Where to purchase the clips in the frunk? IMG_1498
Ford F-150 Lightning Where to purchase the clips in the frunk? IMG_1499
Sponsored

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
Your Ford dealer should have them in stock with the fasteners that they keep for their service department. I broke a few of these and my dealer replaced them at no cost when they replaced the low voltage battery voltage sensor. There pretty easy to break.

OP
OP

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I
Your Ford dealer should have them in stock with the fasteners that they keep for their service department. I broke a few of these and my dealer replaced them at no cost when they replaced the low voltage battery voltage sensor. There pretty easy to break.
I am thinking that has to have been when mine were broken. I recently had that same service done and haven’t touched anything in there since then. I will run by the dealership and see if they can replace the missing clip. Thanks for the advice!

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
BMS sensor using center battery compartment. No clips.

My dealer had to order a whole new panel last year.

OP
OP

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMS sensor using center battery compartment. No clips.

My dealer had to order a whole new panel last year.
Hmm. Odd. I wonder what happened to mine. Maybe it has been like that. I’ve got less than 1k miles in it.

Sponsored

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
The clips aren't available and they have to replace the whole panel. I got my panel replaced under warranty: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...el-clips-replaced-under-warranty-today.17410/

If you have a 3d printer or access to one, there is a thread here with the files to print your own. I also recall a thread where someone came up with their own diy solution to replacing them, Search frunk clips here and you'll find them all.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I’ve had at least three of those cheap A$! things go missing and have begun making my own out of nylon bolts, washers and wing nuts. Painted every thing black.

It’s a hell of lot cheaper and no hassle.

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
@Ford Motor Company Y'all cite warranty work as a reason for losses, but this right here is shooting yourself in the foot. By making what probably cost you $0.25 only available when replacing an entire $250 part (no idea what the actual cost is), you're screwing yourselves now, to screw us later when warranties expire. Make individual parts orderable, especially when they are fragile little plastic clips. Or equip your dealers with the 3d printers and files so the parts and service departments can print them on demand. What an amazing service that would be.
Sponsored