• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Who has all the EV trucks reserved?

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
I do.

My keeper will probably be the first one with 400 ish mile range so I can travel Silicon Valley to/from LA without charging.

Initial purchase might be one that only needs to top off once while we are having Lunch/Dinner someplace in the middle. Would sell once the longer range truck is available.
Sponsored

Last edited:

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
I was, but stopped.

I got my Pro and am very happy with it and so converted my Rivian R1T reservation to an R1S and a family member will end up with it.

I have a couple of Silverado EV reservations, but don't anticipate converting them. I got them in part due to all the hoopla around the Lightning reservations. Nice looking truck and neat midgate, but that's not worth the price to me.

I have a few Cybertruck reservations, but they are 2-3 years out at minimum. Not sure if I'll convert on those or not. FSD viability could influence this. I reserved partly as an FSD hedge.

The RamEV did not entice me at all.

I could see living out my years with my Pro for projects and my Model S with free supercharging for trips.

Last edited:

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Have a Silverado, CT and Rivian reservation. I have no plans to make any more reservations. Rivian is cool but I feel uneasy about the british air suspension, phantom leak is a bit too much for me and the company is still on shaky grounds. Even though I can get it at original price, I basically passed on it. I love Silverado's mid-gate and faster charging but I doubt I can find a trim with mid-gate at a price I like with 300+ miles. As far as CT goes, the main attraction is charging network, if Tesla shoots itself in the foot by really opening the network, that may be out too. In summary, Tesla and Rivan have a lot I prefer not to have and Chevy may not be able to provide the value I got out of the pro. As of now, the ICE in the driveway goes 600 miles on a tank for occasional long distance travel and Pro is sufficient for 95% of our needs locally. When I get the call from Chevy or Tesla, the upgrade has to be significant (matching my values) for me to trade. If I had frequent 300 mile trips, I would more likely to upgrade to a 400 mile EV. If I had frequent 400 mile trips, a 400 mile EV probably would not help; cold, wind, aging battery probably would force me to stop anyway, a few more minutes wouldn't hurt that much.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I have a CT reservation that I do not plan on using but holding to see if the consortium (Electric Vehicle and Energy Storage Evaluation or EVESE) wants it. I have 2 Chevy reservations that I do not plan on using but holding to see if the consortium wants them. I have a GMC reservation that I plan on using to replace my Lightning in a couple of years. For the last 15 years, I have been bouncing back and forth between Ford and GMC based on who has the best toys.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I have a Silverado EV reservation, local dealer informed me I'm currently at the front.

I will have a RAM reservation as well.

I quickly got rid of my Cybertruck reservation.

Aside from that I also have reservations for the Fisker Ocean and Pear.

I will probably not sell my Pro for a Silverado, the RAMs announced specs have me considering it, but we'll see.

All these trucks won't be under $40k. I highly doubt they will be under $60k.
Sponsored