• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wind Noise

mcrichardson

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning lariat
Over 45mph I get a lot of wind noise at rear of front passenger door. If passenger presses on door from inside the noise gets louder. I have checked all of the weather stripping and they seem to be good. Only 1500 miles on Lightning. Amy suggestions.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I have the same, only on the driver’s side. I’ve been waiting to take it in - I figured something else would come up.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Over 45mph I get a lot of wind noise at rear of front passenger door. If passenger presses on door from inside the noise gets louder. I have checked all of the weather stripping and they seem to be good. Only 1500 miles on Lightning. Amy suggestions.
Hi Mike! I can look into your Lightning's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Lightning's VIN?

Dan C

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning lariat, 2022 Chevy bolt
Occupation
retired
I had that on the drivers side I reached up to the top rear corner and pushed the weather strip into the door gap and it stopped. Hasn't come back. I think the weather strip may be stretched a little in that area and needs to be fit a little better

OP
OP

mcrichardson

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning lariat
Thanks for the tip. Checked all weather stripping All good. Do not know what to do next except go to dealer. Do not hold a lot of hope.

Sponsored

NGBCFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER
Thanks for sharing as I've noticed it as well. My wife always thinks a window is slightly open. I'll check my weather stripping as well. If you are able to solve I'd appreciate you posting your findings.

Alambros13

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
@mcrichardson Hey I am curious if you ever found a fix? My truck is in dealer for the same issue right now, should get it back this evening. Dealer said that it was going to body/collision shop for adjustments, so we'll see. I got the truck new a month ago and noticed the large amount of wind noise at higher speeds on the driver side. For comparison, I drive a ram 1500 laramie work truck that is quieter than my lightning on the highway. On my truck, I noticed the driver door protrudes out a bit more than the rear door. I am hoping the alignment solves the problem. I couldn't find any obvious weather stripping issues. Another issue I have is at speeds >70mph, I get a vibration from the window seal. If I push out on the window, it stops. They're looking into this too.
Ford F-150 Lightning Wind Noise 1721743482617-do
Ford F-150 Lightning Wind Noise 1721743500256-

Last edited:

jthiesse13

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Thanks for the tip. Checked all weather stripping All good. Do not know what to do next except go to dealer. Do not hold a lot of hope.
I had/have the same problem. I took it to the dealer a long time ago and they said they couldn't figure it out so tuff luck...Thanks Ford.

Alambros13

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Just got car back from dealer. They removed door and realigned it. Results are that the driver door no longer bumps out beyond the rear door. Initial highest drive appears that this reduced the sound in the cabin. We’ll see on a longer drive.

Ragman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightnings - SR XLT, ER XLT, ER Lariat - 2024
our Lariat has the same drivers door gap as your picture and had similar noise issues at purchase which I think was dry door seal issues - truck sat on lot for 9+ months with only 50 miles on it - its improved since.

Would I still like the door gap fixed - yep - just not been a priority since. Many have also suggested a high end silicone style wipe on all the seals including moon roof to quiet the trucks.
Sponsored