• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Windshield wipers completely stopped responding.

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
My truck did something unusual today. It was just a light sprinkle, so I activated my wipers for a quick wipe.
Nothing happened.

I had convinced myself I was doing something wrong, and wasn’t turning them on properly.

After questioning my sanity more than once, for some reason, decided the switch was defective. I first pulled on the wiper switch before rotating. No difference. Then pushed on the assembly with some force, and it started working as though it was never broken.
Not sure what to make of it, other than an intermittent continuity issue within the switch. 🤷
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Do you have rain sensing on?

OP
OP

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I don’t have rain sensing wipers.

The only option available for wipers on my pro is the chuckle inducing “courtesy wipe”

Ford F-150 Lightning Windshield wipers completely stopped responding. IMG_2541

If it does this again, I’ll remember to go to that screen and see if the courtesy wipe is functional.

Last edited:

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I've noticed that that when there are equipment issues, someone @Ford Motor Company will usually step up quickly and get involved (BTW, thanks for that !!)

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
Has your truck had the wiper motor recall done?

Sponsored
OP
OP

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Based on my 30 seconds of stoplight troubleshooting- it may have been coincidental that it started working when I pushed hard on the stalk/twisting assymbly.
I’m not aware of any recall on my truck for this ?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My truck did something unusual today. It was just a light sprinkle, so I activated my wipers for a quick wipe.
Nothing happened.

I had convinced myself I was doing something wrong, and wasn’t turning them on properly.

After questioning my sanity more than once, for some reason, decided the switch was defective. I first pulled on the wiper switch before rotating. No difference. Then pushed on the assembly with some force, and it started working as though it was never broken.
Not sure what to make of it, other than an intermittent continuity issue within the switch. 🤷
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

OP
OP

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Wipers stopped working again.
Unlike last time they did this, when they started working again after a minute of so, they’re just dead.
Issue is no longer intermittent. They wont respond at all. We’ve been getting thunderstorms prettt regularly, looks like I’ll be slapping on some rainx until I can get to the dealer.

OP
OP

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Wipers stopped working again.
Unlike last time they did this, when they started working again after a minute of so, they’re just dead.
Issue is no longer intermittent. They wont respond at all. We’ve been getting thunderstorms prettt regularly, looks like I’ll be slapping on some rainx until I can get to the dealer.
The thot plickens…
We had a downpour. As soon as the windshield got wet, the wipers would work.

I don’t have rain sensing wipers

Edit: Worth noting the button to squirt fluid and wipe is also non-responsive while they are down.
Sponsored

Last edited: