• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How To Configure the Lightning For A Tax Credit

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Of course, but we all love to speculate!

Based on the surveys Ford sent around, you can get a XLT with all of the options under the $74k limit. You can also get a Lariat with any option you want EXCEPT the ER battery
Per the survey information you can keep a Lariat under $74k only if you stay with the standard range battery.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Per the survey information you can keep a Lariat under $74k only if you stay with the standard range battery.
Yes - that is what I meant. You can add anything you want - EXCEPT the ER battery. You have to stay standard range.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Yes - that is what I meant. You can add anything you want - EXCEPT the ER battery. You have to stay standard range.
But..its only $500 over the 74k limit. If its that close I'm betting Ford is gonna adjust to squeeze it just under, if not make even bigger changes to get folks a decently equipped Lariat at $74k

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
But..its only $500 over the 74k limit. If its that close I'm betting Ford is gonna adjust to squeeze it just under, if not make even bigger changes to get folks a decently equipped Lariat at $74k
Or go the other way and add ~$5k to the XLT and above pricing so that a loaded ER XLT is just under the cap and Lariat / Platinum is above it. More profit that way and price to the end customer is the same for any XLT (assuming the credit goes us from 7,500 to 12,500)

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Or go the other way and add ~$5k to the XLT and above pricing so that a loaded ER XLT is just under the cap and Lariat / Platinum is above it. More profit that way and price to the end customer is the same for any XLT (assuming the credit goes us from 7,500 to 12,500)
That's the way I'm looking at it. I would like to have that 15" display, but I don't HAVE to have it.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
That's the way I'm looking at it. I would like to have that 15" display, but I don't HAVE to have it.
Of everything the Lariat adds, that is the lowest on my list. Would actually prefer to get a Lariat with the 12" screen and physical controls.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Of everything the Lariat adds, that is the lowest on my list. Would actually prefer to get a Lariat with the 12" screen and physical controls.
Same here. I'm not a huge fan of the tablet infotainment system and would absolutely stick with the 12" if it were offered. There are three or four other standard/options on Lariat that's driving me to that trim.

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
Same here. I'm not a huge fan of the tablet infotainment system and would absolutely stick with the 12" if it were offered. There are three or four other standard/options on Lariat that's driving me to that trim.

Agreed here. Really the only thing on the Lariat that I really want that isn’t offered on the XLT is BlueCruise. My Ford dealer has a shop that can put in aftermarket leather and it looks really nice. Not a big deal there.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Agreed here. Really the only thing on the Lariat that I really want that isn’t offered on the XLT is BlueCruise. My Ford dealer has a shop that can put in aftermarket leather and it looks really nice. Not a big deal there.
Yeah, but then it still isn't cooled/ventilated. My GT350 has spoiled me on that.

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
I've heard/read that cooled seating gives a wet pants feeling so for me personally I just need good heated seating for the winter.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Are we pretty sure BlueCruise will NOT be offered as an option on XLT?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Are we pretty sure BlueCruise will NOT be offered as an option on XLT?
Everything that Ford has put out so far (officially and surveys) says that it is not available on the PRO and XLT, is an option for the Lariat, and is standard on the Platinum.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Ford has published the starting price of the XLT on the website already so I doubt they will increase it.

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max Energi,'22 F150L Plat 8/1 build date
I've heard/read that cooled seating gives a wet pants feeling so for me personally I just need good heated seating for the winter.
Sounds like great marketing for Ford. “So good you’ll wet your pants!” I rented a big red Dodge Ram Rebel that had cooled seats this summer and it was pretty nice. Did not feel like a pissypants. That truck was a big red bull in a china shop driving around Portland. It was kind of like Guy Fieri to the Lightning’s Tyler Florence.
Sponsored