Sponsored

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Lariat Sport (sold)
Occupation
Software
Did you try this yet? Did it actually change the sound for you?
No unfortunately. You can't actually configure those last 2 digits - they default to some number that forscan or the truck's computer chooses after you try to write to them.

You probably could change the sound by changing the correct engine config somewhere...
Sponsored

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
No unfortunately. You can't actually configure those last 2 digits - they default to some number that forscan or the truck's computer chooses after you try to write to them.

You probably could change the sound by changing the correct engine config somewhere...
@dmac what are you trying to accomplish? Use the engine audio enhancement for the regular 3.5l ecoboost?

If so, the engine calibrations are in:

727-04-01 xxxx **xx xx

01 is the 3.5l ecoboost

00 is the V8 (no enhancement)
07 is the 2.7l ecoboost

All the other ones on the spread sheet are other engine configs but I haven't bothered to map them out.

Side note: 727-01-01 needs to be xxxx xxxx 1x for the engine sound enhancement to be active.

mhoffman54

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT (302A), 2016 Harley Davidson Sports
Occupation
Car Sales Consultant
@dmac

727-04-01 xxxx **xx xx

01 is the 3.5l ecoboost

07 is the 2.7l ecoboost
I'm actually curious about this. Does the 3.5 fake noise sound different than the 2.7? I feel like both would just be trying to pipe in the same V8 noise.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Found out the 2022 Superduty can use cameras while driving. I am searching the thread still, there are a lot of posts but anyone figured out how to disable the speed shutoff for cameras yet?
I was hoping recent updates would give us the ability, but no.Newer builds of the F150 have it too. @Livnitup anyway to compare the as built data between a newer build and older one to see the differences?

Nightshade

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Sup/t. Wildland Firefighter with Alberta Wildfire
I'm actually curious about this. Does the 3.5 fake noise sound different than the 2.7? I feel like both would just be trying to pipe in the same V8 noise.
Honestly I wonder if the 3.5 fake engine noise will work in the 2.7? I do have a friend who has a 2.7, interested in this if it works?

Sponsored

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Honestly I wonder if the 3.5 fake engine noise will work in the 2.7? I do have a friend who has a 2.7, interested in this if it works?
The system works basically the same way noise canceling works, but rather than suppressing noise they are accentuating certain notes. Since each of the engines have a different “natural“ sound, there are differences in what needs to be suppressed and accentuated to create the V8 sound.

Using a different calibration will change how it sounds. You will have to experiment to see if it sounds better or worse.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Found out the 2022 Superduty can use cameras while driving. I am searching the thread still, there are a lot of posts but anyone figured out how to disable the speed shutoff for cameras yet?
There's 'supposed' to be an update coming out for everyone 'else.' Late built '21s already have this software version and can do this....according the 14th gen group on fb, that is.

edit, oops I see this was already stated...

dmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Lariat Sport (sold)
Occupation
Software
@dmac what are you trying to accomplish? Use the engine audio enhancement for the regular 3.5l ecoboost?

727-04-01 xxxx **xx xx

01 is the 3.5l ecoboost

07 is the 2.7l ecoboost

All the other ones on the spread sheet are other engine configs but I haven't bothered to map them out.

Side note: 727-01-01 needs to be xxxx xxxx 1x for the engine sound enhancement to be active.
Thanks ROBB1 - I was trying to switch to the 3.5 ecoboost sound enhancement on my Powerboost, since to me it sounds much better and less obtrusive than the hybrid's version of it.

I will give it a shot thank you!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The camera in motion is possible on the PRE 21.5 Builds.

1 - You need to update the IPMA. FDRS Only cant be done with USB like other modules. Takes 4-8 hours. The update will allow for the IPMA to display in motion. The update will NOT allow the cargo cam to be full screen or to display on side card.

2- The 21.5 Builds have a different IPMA. They are much more expensive than the 21 Builds. I looked into upgrading mine. I added 360 Cam to my truck and was frustrated with the state of no cam in motion. So i looked at the later build IPMA and they are WAY MORE than 21 builds.

3 - The 21.5 builds APIMS have a later build for the software. 21223. This update as of NOW is not available for 21 builds.

4 - The IPMA update alone will NOT give you camera in motion. The APIM as built data will need to be altered. I took a 21.5 build as build and used it as a base. You may be able to go into the Forscan APIM configuration(Non Hex) and select the options to make it work. I dont know.

5 - The Update WILL provide the new hitch view capability.

I have tested all of this MINUS the 21223 build because I can only update apims to the 21146 build as of now. I need a later Gateway (October Build) module to be able to update beyond that as of NOW. I do not believe the later APIM build adds any functionality such as cargo cam on side card/full screen - July/August builds have it and do not have that build.

The other thing I want to suggest to those of you that have lifted trucks and are having issues with collision avoidance/Lane keep camera calibration is to adjust the truck height setting in the IPMA. I have not tested it but I believe that to be the issue. There is a programming for how tall the truck is and that could in turn affect the calibration ability of the front cam. This is a theory I am not stating as a fact. I have seen some having this issue and wanted to offer it as a suggestion.

I cant post much I likely will TRY to answer any questions. It is not from unwillingness to help but I do not have much time and I really cant spend a lot of time online. I hope I helped to clear this up some. I am sorry if I didnt.

EDIT - Clear up my last comment

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nightshade

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Sup/t. Wildland Firefighter with Alberta Wildfire
^ Awesome post!

Just goes to show that we regular folk that think all we need is a software update or Forscan edit,..... We are seeing things way oversimplified.
Definitely. Where FORScan is easy to do with the codes (not sure which FORScan codes will be needed), the real issue is that Ford loves to push OTA software updates extremely late, including the Blue Cruise update. Some have received it, some have not and still waiting. This also includes Sync 4 updates as well, where I have received the Ford PowerUp 1.6.0 and another update, a few friends that have the '21s, don't have that update yet and are still waiting for it.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
What’s the NEW hitch view? I added hitch view to my APIM. Granted I can’t use at speed, but I can select it, where I didn’t have the option before.
Ford F-150 Lightning 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? 04EA3F92-906A-41AD-BB3C-57136330BFAB

M.R.F.O.R.D.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
What’s the NEW hitch view? I added hitch view to my APIM. Granted I can’t use at speed, but I can select it, where I didn’t have the option before.
04EA3F92-906A-41AD-BB3C-57136330BFAB.jpeg

I think is might be part of the ONBOARD SCALES (Link)

Load trailers easily

Class-exclusive Smart Hitch is designed to help customers easily load trailers and better practice safe towing. Smart Hitch measures the tongue weight of a trailer being connected, to help the customer distribute trailer weight correctly.

After the trailer is set up in the center touch screen, Smart Hitch calculates its tongue weight and provides guidance on weight distribution or hitch overloading on the screen, on the FordPass™ app or within the smart taillamps. The truck also will indicate if the hitch weight is too high or low and can even guide owners through properly tensioning a weight redistributing hitch.

Valleyrider

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
04EA3F92-906A-41AD-BB3C-57136330BFAB.jpeg
Hitch view should show it as if looking straight down on the hitch, not part of onboard scales as I don’t have ccd or the scales.
Ford F-150 Lightning 2021+ F-150 FORScan List / Database / Spreadsheet ? DF37E826-E0AA-4EE0-AA0B-A07E358BE511

Hivolt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 4x4 super crew, max tow, 400hp 302
Unfortunately, there isn't a way to get rid of the sidebar via the screen size settings... ?
Had some free time today so I played with a couple things. First of all, the DRL brightness mod 100% worked for me. Very cool!
I asked a couple times about changing my screen size to try and get rid of the sidebar and force everything full screen. I tried all the configurations, and none seemed to change anything, except for 09 - 13.3" Landscape (Qt based). That one changed my layout to the one from the Mach-E, squished on to the left side of the screen. ??
20211214_123449.jpg

Interestingly enough, changing back to 03 (my default value) brought up the Mach-E screen again. To get back to normal, I had to switch to 00 (8" landscape) and then back to 03 to get my original screen back.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to get rid of the sidebar via the screen size settings... ?
I think that X with arrows on the screen will make it full screen and get rid of the sidebar.
Sponsored