• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Allocations Are Out!?

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
My prediction is we will see a few XLT in year 2022 and almost zero Pros to consumers. That makes sense as Ford would make more revenue to deliver more Platinum/Lariat models given its limited capacity.
Sponsored

OP
OP

midmack

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VE Jetta, Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
Family Physician
My dealer response.

" January 22nd is the date to start ordering every one is even at this time ". wtf?
That just seems flat out wrong...

Sponsored

Dtmh

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Subaru Crosstrek
“Orders start at the beginning of the new year, and because of unprecedented interest, we’ll be sending invitations to order at staggered times.”

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Talked to my dealer yesterday as well - they confirmed they don't know their allocation amount yet (if any).

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Antimatter Blue F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Math
Haha yes. So I switched from being ~#16 at Chapman to being #2 at my new dealer who isn’t offering the promo of Chapman, but at least isn’t gouging it’s customers with ADM and big doc fees. Best wishes to those who stick it out there!
Who is this new dealer? I am curious. My dealer has received hundreds, and I am in the middle of the chaos. I don't anticipate mine until 2023 at the earliest.

WoodduckMN

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Bolt, 2013 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Manager
Talked to my dealer last week, they are one of the larger dealers in Minneapolis and their allocation for 2022 is 3. The largest dealer got an allocation of 5 in Minnesota. My dealer has over 200 reservations awaiting. I’ve been told I’m one of the three and I received the email way earlier last week about 3pm than most. I reserved in the first hour.

Jaspernuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 mustang
I reserved at a small dealership south of the cities., they only have 4 reservations. I'm 2nd but wonder if they will even get an allocation.

Sponsored
OP
OP

midmack

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VE Jetta, Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
Family Physician
Talked to my dealer last week, they are one of the larger dealers in Minneapolis and their allocation for 2022 is 3. The largest dealer got an allocation of 5 in Minnesota. My dealer has over 200 reservations awaiting. I’ve been told I’m one of the three and I received the email way earlier last week about 3pm than most. I reserved in the first hour.
? that is pretty rough… I’m hoping my little dealer gets at least 2! ??And that no one else jumps me.

For that reason I’m keeping the dealer anonymous until my order is submitted. Sorry, not sorry ?

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
Heres the key that all of you are missing, you could be #1 for a dealer, that does not mean you will build a buildable truck based on allocation and restrictions. You might be #1 and say the first runs are XLT and XL only and you want a larait, you will not get your truck sooner because your number in line. Be aware of this as the order bank opens he allocations will dry up fast

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Heres the key that all of you are missing, you could be #1 for a dealer, that does not mean you will build a buildable truck based on allocation and restrictions. You might be #1 and say the first runs are XLT and XL only and you want a larait, you will not get your truck sooner because your number in line. Be aware of this as the order bank opens he allocations will dry up fast
Why would we have an issue getting an order built? I thought that the wave process was designed to ensure that all orders for MY2022 can be built (Unforeseen constraints excepted).

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I think most are aware of this. We also don’t know if order submission time matters for trim allocation or not. They might wait until wave #1 orders are all submitted to decide the order of build. Bigger dealers might get the first ones.

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I think most are aware of this. We also don’t know if order submission time matters for trim allocation or not. They might wait until wave #1 orders are all submitted to decide the order of build. Bigger dealers might get the first ones.
I read Ford has already decided how many of each trim will be built. But these are crazy times, while you'd think they would get the cash flow going with the expensive trims first, parts available may dictate the production schedule.
I'm going with high level XLT with 9.6 kw and extended battery.
I am #2 on the list at my dealer and I hope this medium size business gets 2 allocations. Salesman on reddit said "I work at a rather large Ford dealer and we will get 25, if we are lucky"
Sponsored