• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GOP.EV.Driver

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla (x2)/Audi
I've been pre-approved for $84k which is much more than I'd need to finance since I'll be making a hefty deposit.
Are you an early reservation holder too? Wondering if the pre-approval means you might be in the first wave?
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Are you an early reservation holder too? Wondering if the pre-approval means you might be in the first wave?
Yeah - or at least expected to be in the first few. I just refreshed and still nothing on mine.

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
I'm curious to know as well. Last night, I switched my reservation to a different dealer who supposedly doesn't charge ADM.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
My reservation was dated on 5/20, and I am currently 10th in line at my dealership. The bad thing about this pre-approval is that it won't cover the full price of the truck. However I have a few things in motion that will help along with trading in my current < 2 month old 21 Lariat PB.

Sponsored

GOP.EV.Driver

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla (x2)/Audi
Good lord I was pre-approved for $102k if I ever spent that much on a vehicle you better bury me in it.
I'm assuming this is them ensuring people can buy their higher trims. I'm getting the Platinum with Max Recline/Spray-in bed liner/retractable tonneau/power-deployable running boards (I know I need my dealer to add the last two options and it'll delay)...that's about $96k plus TTL = $106k in my county.

And from their launch playbook, Ford made it clear they want to push higher trims over Pro.

GOP.EV.Driver

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla (x2)/Audi
My reservation was dated on 5/20, and I am currently 10th in line at my dealership. The bad thing about this pre-approval is that it won't cover the full price of the truck. However I have a few things in motion that will help along with trading in my current < 2 month old 21 Lariat PB.
Are you doing the Lariat or the Platinum? And I wouldn't be surprised if they approve you for more when you do a trade in. If you already have financing with Ford, I can understand why they want to limit total exposure to any one customer...but that concern goes away with the trade in.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I'm assuming this is them ensuring people can buy their higher trims.
Possible... but I hope it doesn't prevent them ordering more than they are approved for on the website when the time comes.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally ordered
I see this as well, but approved for less since I currently have a few auto loans at the moment (one for a 21 F150 Lariat PB) and will be removing this one prior to delivery. As I have been a Ford Credit customer for many, many years... I don't hope I would get approved for the "Ford Options" plan.
Got that too for a smaller amount.
EDIT: I read the fine print - Take advantage of this pre-approval by bringing this offer into your authorized Ford/Lincoln Dealer by 12/31/21.
I guess you may need to finance a time machine first :ROFLMAO:
Did you fill out some kind of credit app? My reservation say nothing about financing
Did you see Ptr-Approval Certificate Link
Ford F-150 Lightning ?‍? F-150 Lightning Build & Price Configurator Now Live! Post Your Build 1641391512948

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Are you doing the Lariat or the Platinum? And I wouldn't be surprised if they approve you for more when you do a trade in. If you already have financing with Ford, I can understand why they want to limit total exposure to any one customer...but that concern goes away with the trade in.
I would need to go into the Platinum to see any benefit over my 21 F150 Lariat PB. I already have a 21 Chevy Bolt, and might even place a reservation for the EV Silverado.

Last edited:

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Got that too for a smaller amount.

I guess you may need to finance a time machine first :ROFLMAO:

Did you see Ptr-Approval Certificate Link
1641391512948.png
Nope - no link.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I have the pre-approval certificate as well. Time stamp of 5/19/21 8:33 pm (central time) 3 mins into presentation....
Yeah - seems like the early folks. I am a 6/3 date, so I know 2022 is a HUGE stretch. That said, my dealer told me I am #29 in line and they are hoping for an allocation of 30 (biggest dealer in the area and top 10 nationally for Mavericks). Still not holding my breath.

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
I also had the credit approval added to my account

5/19/21 reservation date number 1081xxxx 835pm
Sponsored

Last edited: