• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
I wonder if it's matching our preferred trim in the survey we completed to the pre-approval.

When I completed my survey, I chose the Lariat+, and that matches the pre-approval price pretty closely.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
LOL

approved for $42k.
I was approved for a bit more, but not much - $53,000.00. This could be due to the fact that I already have a FMC auto lease and GMC auto loan.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Would be surprised. I'm in a non-ZEV state and my dealer has provided zero meaningful communication over the last two weeks.
I also have it, approved for much less (which is expected since it's not accounting for my co-signer), but here's the odd part:

Non-ZEV state, reserved on the 29th. Dealer has been avoiding me every time I asked my place in line or if I'm in the first wave, so I'll be extremely shocked if this means I get an invite tomorrow.

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
I wonder if it's matching our preferred trim in the survey we completed to the pre-approval.

When I completed my survey, I chose the Lariat+, and that matches the pre-approval price pretty closely.
I didn't receive the survey so it can't be that.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV

I didn't receive the survey so it can't be that.
I don't recall doing a survey either.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Am an early reservation at my dealer as well and I also see the pre approval certificate.

I imagine any $ number you see is based on just adding a loan to your credit and not trading in anything. When something like a pre-approval for credit is made they don't do a full credit pull and don't know your most current income figures. You'd know if they did a full pull because it'd show as a inquiry on your credit report.

Sponsored

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Am an early reservation at my dealer as well and I also see the pre approval certificate.

I imagine any $ number you see is based on just adding a loan to your credit and not trading in anything. When something like a pre-approval for credit is made they don't do a full credit pull and don't know your most current income figures. You'd know if they did a full pull because it'd show as a inquiry on your credit report.
So that number is just an generic amount, which is not tied to a VIN (obviously). Your approval is based on several factors; credit report, the VIN, your tier with FMC (and history), how much you put down, debt to income ratio, and last but not least... the dealer.

At the end of the day, the dealer wants to sell you the car. That helps them with their ranking with Ford, and helps with their margins.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Day 1 reservation, #10 Priority at a dealer in a ZEV state. I have the pre-approval certificate.

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
So does ford or the dealer inform you what wave you are in ?

Clickbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
So does ford or the dealer inform you what wave you are in ?
Your dealer knows if you're in Wave 1, but I don't believe they can see into deeper waves (maybe a few? dunno). If you're in Wave 1, Ford will be contacting you tomorrow to convert your reservation to an order.

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
I have the credit cert as well (110k???) and was super early so it very well may be a condition of that.
Sponsored