• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Silverado EV reservations

Chado

First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, BMW, Tesla
I also put down my $100 right at open..my number starts with 23xxxx how did you guys all end up with 8 something?

I don't like the look of it, not sure how much profit they will make on a whole new design, costs must be enormous compared to the lightning reusing what they already have. With all that added design cost I can see why the WT $40k version has to wait a year
Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I reserved one as well and just got a call from the dealership. He asked if I wanted to put down a $1000 deposit to secure my place at the front of the line and I politely declined. What kind of nonsense was that?

I don't think I was one of the first reservations as I had to google dealer reviews briefly before selecting one, yet my reservation starts with 612xxx. Maybe they are different as I reserved the first edition?
All dealerships are now custom order vehicle scalpers.... Scum of the earth

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
I had an original 02 Avalanche for 12 years. Looks aside, the fabulous versatility made it one of my all time favorite vehicles. I still regret not fixing it. An electric version is essentially my perfect vehicle.

We‘ll see if my Lightning reservation ever actually turns in to a truck, but if so it is almost surely a place holder for a 2024 Evalanche.

The reservation numbers are strange. I couldn’t get a reservation to go through for about 90 minutes and mine is 382330.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
The reservation number could be based on geographical areas? I dunno.

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
Who knows how their system tracks or if people can change dealers which would negate you being 1st at the dealer in a year.

My Reservation ID: 161321 was probably within 30 seconds and for the regular model.
There's a "Manage Reservation" option in the confirmation email that let's you switch dealers or cancel reservations.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I put my reservation in within 20 seconds of it opening (autofill everything). I can't imagine much others here getting in quicker than I did, but it's possible. My number starts with 94xxxx.

I would say the numbers are random at this point.

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
I also reserved almost as soon as I received an invitation to do so from Chevrolet. As a member of the Chevy Truck Legends program (have owned four from 1958 to 2013), I signed up for Silverado EV updates in mid-Nov.

My $100 deposit was charged at 2:26pm this afternoon. A confirmation email was received from Chevrolet one minute later with my reservation details and number 5440XX, and five minutes after that I received an email from the sales staff of the dealer I chose. Funny thing though is the sales guy thanked me for reserving a 2025 Silverado EV!

I currently have a 2022 King Ranch being built on Jan 27 (if it hasn't slipped again) and a reservation for a Lightning - both through Tom Borah of Chapman Ford of Horsham PA. Tom has already said he's honoring date/time stamps of Lightning reservations, not playing any prioritization games, and charging 3% under invoice/MSRP. Only problem is PA is not a ZEV state and Ford is limiting their allocations to about 5 (out if 200 reservations).

I chose Tom for the Silverado EV reservation because he also owns Chapman Chevrolet Phila Airport Automall PA. He told me no ADM on the Silverado EV. That's a big thing in that he can't sell the Chevy trucks at a discount for whatever reason like he does the 4% under invoice for the F-150's (non-Lightning).

We'll see who comes through first!

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Reservation numbers are really strange !

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
The Chevy dealer I reserved with just texted me telling me I’m #18 on their list, I had it submitted 2 minutes after they opened! I think I’ll have better luck with my Lightning reservation ?

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I found out that I am number 2 on my dealers list, and have 12 total people in line.
Sponsored