Sponsored

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Ask your dealer if the deposit is refundable. Ford states this somewhere when you order. Maybe the ? Next to deposit info.
They verbally said yes it was refundable on the phone, but would prefer something a bit more explicit..

Having ordered 2 Teslas thus far... Fords process is total NONSENSE.
Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Yes, I was wave 2 and ordered the XLT SR today. $500 down.

Unless there is a miracle and the CT or Fisker Ocean is ready before delivery (24+ weeks), I'll stick with the F-150 Lightning and hope I don't get demolished on resale in 18-24 months with this trim. I need a truck for the summer.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Ah shucks! Here's hoping for wave 6! XLT leftovers only.

And for those wondering specifically what the XLT gains, it's woefully short. Check the order guide thread:
2022 F-150 Lightning ORDER GUIDE Released! ? | F150gen14.com -- 2021+ Ford F-150, Lightning EV, Raptor Forum (14th Gen) | Owners, News, Discussions

Exterior:
BoxLink, running boards, heated mirrors

Interior:
Carpet floors and cloth power driver seat, work surface, rear defroster, XM radio

I wouldn't be surprised if XLT SR were gone after this wave. The chart that Ford published showed 2022 production would be 5% Pro and 8.5% XLT SR.

Sponsored

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
Realistically I feel like every year until demand is gone they will limit the Pro to push people to the higher trims. That way they can say they still offer it but never have to commit to leaving money on the table. Its a smart business plan but it sucks on the consumer end.
Its a poor way to treat your customers.

@Ford Motor Company has let its customers down by acting like Telsa.

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
Ford had an exceptionally rare chance to actually win back some buyers that mostly or completely walked away from American cars years ago. Opportunity squandered. Damn shame.
True

Deleted member 9811

Dealer prioritization really sucks. Pretty much makes the whole "get in early" make no difference.
I was a first minute RSVP holder, hitting refresh while watching the Youtube rollout. LOL.

Ah shucks! Here's hoping for wave 6! XLT leftovers only.

And for those wondering specifically what the XLT gains, it's woefully short. Check the order guide thread:
2022 F-150 Lightning ORDER GUIDE Released! ? | F150gen14.com -- 2021+ Ford F-150, Lightning EV, Raptor Forum (14th Gen) | Owners, News, Discussions

Exterior:
BoxLink, running boards, heated mirrors

Interior:
Carpet floors and cloth power driver seat, work surface, rear defroster, XM radio
The extended range is why I opted for the XLT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Ford had an exceptionally rare chance to actually win back some buyers that mostly or completely walked away from American cars years ago. Opportunity squandered. Damn shame.
Their games were a big reason we went with the ID.4. Picked it up off the lot at MSRP. I know their dealers aren't much better, but the company itself does not play these reservation games. I'll happily forgo @Ford Motor Company for my next few vehicles.

Still have Rivian, VW (since we didn't use ours), and Hyundai reservations. One of these will hit this year for tax credit and tie me over until a different EV truck is available. Hope others had contingencies if they were hoping to use a credit this year.

dlong18074

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 Platinum, 2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Order is in...

I opted to go all out with the Platinum in Iced Blue Silver.
SmoothJ - i am also going with the Platinum but in Red.... did you get any other options? I was looking at the spray in bed liner and the lay flat seats

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I know its not my fault per say, but I honestly do feel bad for people not being selected in the waves. I know in time, everyone will get one but still...

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
SmoothJ - i am also going with the Platinum but in Red.... did you get any other options? I was looking at the spray in bed liner and the lay flat seats
I wanted Red, but I had Red before and although nice I had a lot of swirl marks. My next choice was Star White, but my wife has been bugging me for ages to get a different color. I had a white car since 2008 with my Mustang GT, then followed by a white Fusion Sport, white Kia Cadenza, and finally a Star White Ford Explorer. She was like Silver.... and I was like eh. My son wanted Blue, but I didn't want anything that dark.. so after looking at a number of pics online I picked Iced Blue Silver.

On the extra options, I picked liner, seats, and mats.
Sponsored