First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Accounting
$1500 deposit..are you aware of this when placing your order....i thought it was $100 - $500.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
$1500 deposit..are you aware of this when placing your order....i thought it was $100 - $500.
Each dealer can set their own deposit amount.

OP
OP
WFordKid

WFordKid

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Accounting
Each dealer can set their own deposit amount.
That is what i am finding out..checking to see if it is refundable or not..as delivery could be Aug/Sep or even Oct...at this point no one knows..

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I placed my wave-3 order, $500 deposit, no listed ADM, waiting on dealer acceptance.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
My deposit was $500 over the initial $100 reservation deposit, no ADM, Grieco Ford, Delray Beach. Strange thing is that they are a huge South FL Ford dealer, had no Wave 1 or Wave 2 orders, and I am the only order they got on Wave 3. They did not do any customer prioritizations.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WFordKid

WFordKid

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Accounting
Got my order in yesterday..dealership has already accepted...did get the deposit down to $500 but more than likely will have to pay an add'l $2k over msrp. No terrible but not MSRP. But it is a long way away..expected delivery Aug 2022. Let me know if you guys have any Qs about the ordering process.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Seems like going through your dealer is the only way to be 100% sure of the final price, is that correct? Ordering online still leaves the door open for them to pull something at the end unless you get a similar PO when placing the order online.

OP
OP
WFordKid

WFordKid

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Accounting
Seems like going through your dealer is the only way to be 100% sure of the final price, is that correct? Ordering online still leaves the door open for them to pull something at the end unless you get a similar PO when placing the order online.
I think so, also, I would be trading in my current truck which, again they could give me a low offer so I don't take the truck. But I hope that most dealers are on the up and up so if they have told you the price before you order I would think they would stick to that. Also, there should be a few that get delivered before I get mine (I am thinking August) so I can see what the real-world range will be, how fast it charges and how dependable the chargers are.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally.
also, I would be trading in my current truck which, again they could give me a low offer so I don't take the truck.
Before taking your trade-in to the dealer, get a few quotes from Carvana, Vroom, etc. That way you'll be armed with information before getting a quote from the dealer. Last year, when I bought MME, I had a Carvana quote for $9,665 and the dealer wouldn't offer over $5,600. Obviously I sold it to Carvana. The whole process took less than 10 minutes.
Sponsored