First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I am searching for a good cover to protect my Lightning while parked outside. There seem to be few options.

I want to protect against bird droppings, falling leaves, acid-rain, dust, pollen, and petroleum particles (while inside the garage). Also important is to protect my Moonroof.

I want reinforced grommets, elastic hems, soft fleece undercover, UV resistant, waterproof, tight fit on the bed to minimize the sagging of snow (I may also install a tonneau cover), long lasting material, and reinforced seams.

I assume that the radio antenna on the Lightning is non-retractable but most covers come with a patch to create a hole or grommet.

There seem to be few options because of the Lightning SuperCrew 5.5 foot bed.

All will not guarantee against hail damage but simply state that their cover is "hail-resistant".

One option I found is Seal Skin Supreme™ Truck Covers ($180).

Suggestions?
Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
If you buy a truck cover it is possible you are going to loose your Hillbilly occupation status, and possibly your farmer occupation status.
If the truck is going to be your dd, I think the best protection is to keep the truck clean and hit it with hybrid ceramic wax twice a year.

OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV Gypsy
If you buy a truck cover it is possible you are going to loose (edit - "lose) your Hillbilly occupation status, and possibly your farmer occupation status.
If the truck is going to be your dd, I think the best protection is to keep the truck clean and hit it with hybrid ceramic wax twice a year.
LOL

I do need protection from my Billy Goats who love to rub their juices on my vehicles and the feral cats that sleep on my hood. I do need protection outdoors from the constant pollen and leaf showers from my 40 hilly acres of oaks, hickorys, walnuts, and maples. I wish I could park indoors but my barns are full of tractors, junk (but still good) vehicles, and my renter's always truck-under-construction. And, Yes, my Winter supply of hay bales constantently shower dust particles.

Maybe I should ask my neighbors to quit drag racing at night on our dirty-muddy roads? Or maybe just quit that daily plowing. Why can't they just do their farming thingee cleaner?

BTW - My daily dd is a tractor and a SXS and I will be treating my Lightning as I treat my Go-To-Church-On-Sunday Shoes.

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
I like my roll up cover made by Truxedo, it's lasted 10 years.

I bought my dad a Tyger off Amazon for Christmas 2 years ago and it looks good. I have to take a closer look on the functionality compared to the Truxedo though.

I would bet it's similar.

Sponsored

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
If you buy a truck cover it is possible you are going to loose your Hillbilly occupation status, and possibly your farmer occupation status.
Any brand or specific product recommendation? I know a lot of new stuff has come up on the market in recent years…

OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV Gypsy

JohnnyBoy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
'22 F150 Hybrid Lariat on order
Occupation
chef
OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I did a small amount of research and am thinking of getting this: https://www.carcovers.com/covers/tr...t-bed-6-5-ft/platinum-shield-truck-cover.html

I spend a few months near Yuma in the winter. The UV and blowing grit is rough on my current Yukon. Since I usually only drive 1-2 times a week while here, I thought a cover will be the way to go. Truck arrives in March.
Thanks.

I had looked at this but for the 5.5 Bed it would be:

https://www.carcovers.com/covers/truck/ford/f-150/2022/supercrew-cab-extra-short-bed-5-5-ft.html

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
I am searching for a good cover to protect my Lightning while parked outside. There seem to be few options.

I want to protect against bird droppings, falling leaves, acid-rain, dust, pollen, and petroleum particles (while inside the garage). Also important is to protect my Moonroof.

I want reinforced grommets, elastic hems, soft fleece undercover, UV resistant, waterproof, tight fit on the bed to minimize the sagging of snow (I may also install a tonneau cover), long lasting material, and reinforced seams.

I assume that the radio antenna on the Lightning is non-retractable but most covers come with a patch to create a hole or grommet.

There seem to be few options because of the Lightning SuperCrew 5.5 foot bed.

All will not guarantee against hail damage but simply state that their cover is "hail-resistant".

One option I found is Seal Skin Supreme™ Truck Covers ($180).

Suggestions?
I used to sell covers long ago. One thing to keep in mind is you do not want your cover to be waterproof, it needs to breath. Moisture will accumulate under the cover and will damage your paint if it is not allowed to evaporate, especially if parked in the sun. Just something to keep in mind.

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I am looking for the same but mostly for hail protection since it won’t fit in the garage. Would only be used when storms are forecast. Maybe in the winter for snow if it’s easy to remove when covered. Never used a full cover before this lol.

OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV Gypsy
They all advertise as "Hail Resistant" meaning less than 1 inch. The fleece under the cover is suppose to absorb the blows.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I was looking at a Covercraft, but the quote is nearly the same price as just dropping the tree closes to the truck…

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Any brand or specific product recommendation? I know a lot of new stuff has come up on the market in recent years…
I ordered my last batch of car detail products from Carguys. Got their hybrid wax. Takes about one half hour to was the truck after it is washed
Sponsored