• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Lariat ER with Max Tow now $79,994 with destination

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Wouldn't EV'S need less incentives to sell with higher gas prices?

Additional tax credits make no sense with every EV that is assembled being sold as soon as it hits the lot.
Since when are politicians motivated by reason? :)
Sponsored

Deleted member 9341

Wouldn't EV'S need less incentives to sell with higher gas prices?

Additional tax credits make no sense with every EV that is assembled being sold as soon as it hits the lot.
Yep! And the gaining momentum on EVs aside from current gas prices is making rebates less and less necessary with each passing day. They won’t be around much longer is my prediction.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
The credits did their job. They propped up Tesla until it revolutionized the EV industry and now legacies are trying to catch up. Time for government to get out of way.
I'm don't want to promote anything that results in additional taxation or magic money printing, including money spend protectinng our "energy interests" overseas - not arguing for expansion of credit although on the spot refundability might make EVs more accessible to the public. However, if credits led to Tesla revolutionizing the EV industry, there is certainlying more revolutionizing that could be done. BEV sales in the US were less than 4% last year. I give Tesla a little more credit in that they created vehicles that people wanted to have and would willingly spend extra on, and got government accelearant to speed up growth. Why should Ford not get at least the same carrot for offering a new EV in a highly desirable segment Tesla hasn't even touched yet (well I guess they have thrown a metal ball at it ?).

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
You got me there.
To be fair, politicians aren't totally illogical. Their decisions are (kinda) logical in the context of what will get them the most votes and what they can use in a campaign ad. Unfortunately, that's rarely the same context as what's best for the country.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I'm don't want to promote anything that results in additional taxation or magic money printing, including money spend protectinng our "energy interests" overseas - not arguing for expansion of credit although on the spot refundability might make EVs more accessible to the public. However, if credits led to Tesla revolutionizing the EV industry, there is certainlying more revolutionizing that could be done. BEV sales in the US were less than 4% last year. I give Tesla a little more credit in that they created vehicles that people wanted to have and would willingly spend extra on, and got government accelearant to speed up growth. Why should Ford not get at least the same carrot for offering a new EV in a highly desirable segment Tesla hasn't even touched yet (well I guess they have thrown a metal ball at it ?).
The problem now isn't demand, it's supply. The EV credits don't create supply. And Ford gets the exact same amount of credits Tesla did. They just decided to make compliance cars and plug-in hybrids.

maverick92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Lightning, Model Y, Maverick
Occupation
Engineer
Why should Ford not get at least the same carrot for offering a new EV in a highly desirable segment Tesla hasn't even touched yet (well I guess they have thrown a metal ball at it ?).
All automakers have had access to the same credit. The “new” rebate would increase the amount and make GM and Tesla vehicles eligible again.

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
The only way your Lightning 'knows' it is towing is the scale's estimate of payload (cabin and bed load + tongue weight). The $825 gives you a lot of goodies + Tow Package and should extend the life of the battery pack. The extra cooling/heating capacity should also help with extreme ambient temperature in places like Texas and Maine, even when not towing. Preconditioning the battery before driving is much more important to do than people think.

In deciding which Options to buy I would try to guess:

1. Which would extend the lifetime and durability (bed and cabin coverings).
2. Future Resale Value (Options a Used Truck Buyer would want).
3. What do I really Need versus Want).
4. What I can Afford.
5. What Option I could buy cheaper with better value in the Aftermarket (Tonneau, Mats, and Wheel Well Liners).

I believe Ford lowered the cost of the Tow Option for several good reasons:

1. This now puts the Lariat+ with the most popular options under the 'magic' $80,000 number.
2. Qualifies it for the proposed Tax Credit/Rebate under $80k (although the IRS definition clearly states that MSRP does not include Destination Charges).
3. So many customers are ordering this package Ford can lower the price based on scale.
I want to know if this still true for the new reported law.
Sponsored