First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
Shout out to the big players on this thread @Jesse-Infotainment @iceman77 @Bob_Mac @JEB @Snakebitten and others who give us the courage and path to make this happen. I won't clutter the thread with the details of my journey, but it was a lot of fun and I made it. I get to do it again with my business partner's truck. Job 1 build date 7/1/2021. And it now has all the goodies.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Screenshot 2022-03-29 190829

Sorry for the blurry picture, but the in-cab spy cams are sensitive!
Sponsored

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
Nobody with an XLT without the copilot (adaptive cruise, adds the CCM?) above 21281 here then?

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
Thanks for posting this. You have just confirmed that the TRM update is not there, yet. It should be labeled “TRM—Trailer Module (TRM) Software Update.” None of the tools you have helpfully screenshot are so labeled. But I for one would appreciate it if you kept an eye out.
For the record this is what I found on my account today:
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Screenshot 2022-03-29 195722

Sponsored

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
Nobody with an XLT without the copilot (adaptive cruise, adds the CCM?) above 21281 here then?
That's what I'm tracking based on a conversation with Jesse today. Also now want to add the CCM to the truck and get the adaptive cruise...

Sponsored

Ebrou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SCREW 5.0L Sport 4x4
I am starting to think that may be the limit for rear cam only trucks. The guys that are all in the same spot as you are all rear cam only.

If I am wrong please let me know.

I have also found it almost impossible to nail down these cluster files. Your files are different that others but same as someone else. Its just hard to know for these 8" cluster trucks because I believe there are different files based on different engines.
@Jesse-Infotainment , I'm stuck also at 21281. I have the ACM and GSM that don't go away. I have tried to reset modules, reload configuration files, in IPMA, GSM, GWM, IPC hoping somthing will fix itself. No luck whatsoever. I guess it is a waiting game until ford figures it out. This forum is amazing and full of people who are persistent in getting things resolved....

Below is specs for my truck

XLT 302 high 4x4 sport pkg SCREW
Blend date of 7/26/21
5.0L
8" cluster with 12" center stack
360 cams with Co pilot assist
Tow tech package

I think I covered it all..

travbz24

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I am officially updated and free of errors, FINALLY. I wanted to consolidate some information and share the troubles I encountered, so if anyone else does too, they know what to do or look for.

I didn't have trouble with updates kicking off or DTC's with IPC, I was one of the lucky ones in that regard.

Problems I did run into:

1) Attempting an update and FDRS threw the error that the update ended in an "error state". Solution: likely something wrong with FDRS and/or your laptop. Wiping my laptop and installing a fresh copy of windows and FDRS fixed this issue for me.

2) Power running boards failed to work after DSM update (or any feature not working after DSM update).
Solution: use forscan and the google sheets guide (located in the Forscan thread on this forum, credit to @Livnitup, there are tabs at the bottom for each module and details on what each line controls) and check your AS BUILT data. For some, the DSM update changed the data and disabled the running boards, essentially telling the truck they aren't there anymore. In my case, the as built data was good, but changing it to "not present", saving it, and then changing it back to "present" brought my running boards back to life. I went to line 744-23-02 and changed **xx-xxxx to 00 for this and then changed it back to 01.

3) New 360 camera features and cameras at speed (some, not all) are MISSING after updates are all done.
Solution: the culprit is again the as built data in the APIM module (thanks to @Jesse-Infotainment for coming through in the clutch and figuring this one out!). For me, the culprit was line 7D0-01-02 in the APIM module, changing it to Axxx-xxxx-xxxx (original value was 6) fixed all my issues.

I hope this helps anyone who comes across these issues, and as always, happy updating!
I made the Forscan change to fix the running boards after the DSM update.

I'm now noticing they don't deploy on approach. The setting is on for it. Anyone else experience this? Is there possibly another Forscan change to fix?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Shout out to the big players on this thread @Jesse-Infotainment @iceman77 @Bob_Mac @JEB @Snakebitten and others who give us the courage and path to make this happen. I won't clutter the thread with the details of my journey, but it was a lot of fun and I made it. I get to do it again with my business partner's truck. Job 1 build date 7/1/2021. And it now has all the goodies.

Screenshot 2022-03-29 190829.png

Sorry for the blurry picture, but the in-cab spy cams are sensitive!
@Jesse-Infotainment , I'm stuck also at 21281. I have the ACM and GSM that don't go away. I have tried to reset modules, reload configuration files, in IPMA, GSM, GWM, IPC hoping something will fix itself. No luck whatsoever. I guess it is a waiting game until ford figures it out. This forum is amazing and full of people who are persistent in getting things resolved....

Below is specs for my truck

XLT 302 high 4x4 sport pkg SCREW
Blend date of 7/26/21
5.0L
8" cluster with 12" center stack
360 cams with Co pilot assist
Tow tech package

I think I covered it all..
I would think you should be getting the updates all the way. THis is starting to look like there is something holding each of you back.

I really need a job 1 XLT that has completed all updates. There has to be something holding you guys back at this point.
Sponsored