• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/9 Lightning Build Week Group

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
Interesting. Mine has been showing as at Blue Island Junction, Illinois sinceJune 4th. It's still there, according to Ford's tracker.

Still showing up on Ford's website as being due July 1 through July 7 - but our dealer says June 18. Maybe they know something we don't?
Are you tracking that with your railcar number? I was able to get mine from Ford chat CS reps
Sponsored

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Yes

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Just going off what my dealer told me.
Mine has been at the body shop for over two weeks. Here is the latest report.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/9 Lightning Build Week Group 1d435d0e-0871-4073-91dd-11170f4e947a-jpe

Dealers always default to "spray liner" when they don't know things..

Spray liners do not cause delays, beyond the 1-2 days it takes to spray. Someone contacted the company that does the sprays, they said they do not hold vehicles and generally them done within a day.

I think roughly half of all builds have spray liners in them. There's no systematic spray liner delays, there are just delays -- which in many cases is just Ford not updating the status.

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer

Spray liners do not cause delays, beyond the 1-2 days it takes to spray. Someone contacted the company that does the sprays, they said they do not hold vehicles and generally them done within a day.

I think roughly half of all builds have spray liners in them. There's no systematic spray liner delays, there are just delays -- which in many cases is just Ford not updating the status.
Well it is not just the dealer saying this. I have spoke to three Ford customer service representatives.

My truck has been at the body shop since 5/16. Getting a spray liner is why it is at the body shop. So it’s logical to say the spray liner is a reason the truck is not completed.

I have never said it was supply issue. I have always said getting a spray liner adds additional time that appears to have no consistency in length of the process.

thegangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 F150, 2017 Model S

You can see the screenshot - I guess the bedliner folks just decided to keep dude's truck? Removed mine because I can always get one done locally, wasn't worth the risk given the state of the world at the moment.

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Business Consultant
My truck is a Platinum with Spray Liner and it’s en route to my dealer. Didn’t hold me up. 5/11 blend. 6/30-7/6 ETA delivery.

Sponsored

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
My truck is in! It's in PDI and will be ready for pickup tomorrow.

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Well, @TaxmanHog was prescient.

1654689021043.png

[/QUOTE]
Thank you for helping expand my vocabulary!🤓

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Well, @TaxmanHog was prescient.

1654689021043.png
Thank you for helping expand my vocabulary!🤓
[/QUOTE]
Congrats - good news finally. I figure you'll have it by mid next week. Those dates have a lot of play in them.

uwquigman

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Just called UP for my rail car# (TTGX159217) and it says schedule to arrive Industry (Which I assume is Mira Loma, CA) 6/10 at 6AM. So hopefully they can get it from Mira Loma to my dealer in South Orange County in a couple of days? Maybe I can get it this weekend!
Sponsored