Train ride to NorCal

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
I’m trying to be patient and honestly I feel like I have been (I recognize that many have been through much worse)…but come on, this truck is so close and it’s just stuck there. I mean the thing was built months ago. It will have been in transit for about a month…within our own country! I genuinely think Ford is missing an opportunity to make customers happy by allowing them l to pick their vehicles up at the factory (yes, I understand there are issues that would need to be resolved with the dealers, but nothing that couldn’t be overcome).
Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Guess we can expect to check on them on the 31st if its the Embargo. Save us the trouble of pressing refresh every few hours.

This shouldn't be about the BNSF's embargo since we came in via UP. And that embargo was about all trains heading into California... SoCal trucks that got send out the same time as us w/ UP got sent into CA and are already in customer hands.

My dealer said something about a self-imposed embargo at the port Ford uses in Northern California... but, I see nothing of this sort.

The only thing that's in the news is a Trucker protest that shutdown the Port of Oakland, but our trucks wouldn't go to the Port of Oakland.

There is the UP embargo of Benicia:

https://embargo.railinc.com/#/embargo/viewEmbargoDetail/59938?type=EM&backURL=/embargo/searchEmbargo

That is where our trucks should of landed. That happened when our trucks where in route.

But, you could read this as only affecting FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles), and UP did say if something was enroute the embargo wouldn't impact it... However, UP did tell me that my rail car was not even enroute to Benicia. So, Ford never scheduled my railcar to land in Benicia, and had to of planned unloading our Trucks in Las Vegas, but that makes no sense.

Maybe Ford actually has something planned that is beyond my grasps because most of us our holding our delivery windows. But, I would think since we are in LV, we are pushed into Mid-August for even making it to our dealers, if that even happens.

Was hoping to take it to the mountains this weekend, but that's not happen (the smoke might make it a no go anyways :p ).

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Worth a try:

@Ford Motor Company

Can you shed any light on why future Northern California Lightning owner Trucks where unloaded in Las Vegas? It doesn't seem like that should have happened, and we're worried our trucks will get stuck there indefinitely.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
My dealer said something about a self-imposed embargo at the port Ford uses in Northern California...

But, you could read this as only affecting FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles), and UP did say if something was enroute the embargo wouldn't impact it... However, UP did tell me that my rail car was not even enroute to Benicia.
Speculation: Ford may have voluntarily re-routed vehicles to Las Vegas to avoid a hard embargo imposed on all of their traffic routed to Benecia. The facility in Las Vegas is very close to the huge Las Vegas Motor Speedway parking lots. Full lots at Benicia (perhaps from all the BNSF traffic diverted to UP) and slow convoy movement out of the facility probably are the reason UP placed the FCA embargo.

Sea Ranch

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting, Porsche Carrera T, F150, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Retired
There has been a change in the information received from automatic trace when I called UP this morning. It changed from Loaded/Departed to Loaded/Arrived (3:40AM, July 27th). Seems that something has happened but nothing so far has really made any sense. My estimated arrival at industry is still July 28th at 10AM. My delivery window to the dealership is still July 31 to August 6.

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
There has been a change in the information received from automatic trace when I called UP this morning. It changed from Loaded/Departed to Loaded/Arrived (3:40AM, July 27th). Seems that something has happened but nothing so far has really made any sense. My estimated arrival at industry is still July 28th at 10AM. My delivery window to the dealership is still July 31 to August 6.

What you are seeing is normal.

All stops until the destination will get a loaded arrived/departed note.

There are a lot of stops along the way.

It'll be unloaded tomorrow and most likely in las vegas with the rest of us.

Sea Ranch

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
What you are seeing is normal.

All stops until the destination will get a loaded arrived/departed note.

There are a lot of stops along the way.

It'll be unloaded tomorrow and most likely in las vegas with the rest of us.
The assumption must be that the "industry" destination is Las Vegas. What are the theories on how the trucks will get to the dealerships?

My estimated time of arrival at the dealership has never changed (7/31 - 8/6). Is there any reason to believe that all of us in CA will get an update showing a delay to the dealerships?

If the railcar is truly in Las Vegas on 7/28, I assume there is enough time for it to get to the dealership near Sacramento by 8/6.

Last edited:

TadCurious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
This shouldn't be about the BNSF's embargo since we came in via UP. And that embargo was about all trains heading into California... SoCal trucks that got send out the same time as us w/ UP got sent into CA and are already in customer hands.

My dealer said something about a self-imposed embargo at the port Ford uses in Northern California... but, I see nothing of this sort.

The only thing that's in the news is a Trucker protest that shutdown the Port of Oakland, but our trucks wouldn't go to the Port of Oakland.

There is the UP embargo of Benicia:

https://embargo.railinc.com/#/embargo/viewEmbargoDetail/59938?type=EM&backURL=/embargo/searchEmbargo

That is where our trucks should of landed. That happened when our trucks where in route.

But, you could read this as only affecting FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles), and UP did say if something was enroute the embargo wouldn't impact it... However, UP did tell me that my rail car was not even enroute to Benicia. So, Ford never scheduled my railcar to land in Benicia, and had to of planned unloading our Trucks in Las Vegas, but that makes no sense.

Maybe Ford actually has something planned that is beyond my grasps because most of us our holding our delivery windows. But, I would think since we are in LV, we are pushed into Mid-August for even making it to our dealers, if that even happens.

Was hoping to take it to the mountains this weekend, but that's not happen (the smoke might make it a no go anyways :p ).
Has your delivery window changed? Mine is still 7/23-7/29 and (hopefully) holding.

OP
OP

DroopyHippo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
The assumption must be that the "industry" destination is Las Vegas. What are the theories on how the trucks will get to the dealerships? My estimated time of arrival at the dealership has never changed. Is there any reason to believe that all of us in CA will get an update showing a delay to the dealerships?
My upper bound ETA will expire today. I have no indication that I made it out of Las Vegas so I bet it will push.

Sea Ranch

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
My upper bound ETA will expire today. I have no indication that I made it out of Las Vegas so I bet it will push.
Is it typical that Ford does not update the delivery estimate when it becomes obvious that it cannot be met?

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Has your delivery window changed? Mine is still 7/23-7/29 and (hopefully) holding.
No change here. It's certainly not holding.

I really do feel like Ford's system that sends out the delivery windows sees us off the railcars but doesn't see us in las vegas.

Hopefully one of us has a dealer that can navigate this and figure out what is happening.... Mine certainly isn't capable...

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Speculation: Ford may have voluntarily re-routed vehicles to Las Vegas to avoid a hard embargo imposed on all of their traffic routed to Benecia. The facility in Las Vegas is very close to the huge Las Vegas Motor Speedway parking lots. Full lots at Benicia (perhaps from all the BNSF traffic diverted to UP) and slow convoy movement out of the facility probably are the reason UP placed the FCA embargo.

Bnsf also has their traffic routed to UP in SoCal and I've seen no notable impact there. They got shipped at the same time as us and are already taking delivery.

Las Vegas is an automobile facility for UP so it already has a big parking lot right on the railyard, so it doesn't need the speedway.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
Bnsf also has their traffic routed to UP in SoCal and I've seen no notable impact there. They got shipped at the same time as us and are already taking delivery.

Las Vegas is an automobile facility for UP so it already has a big parking lot right on the railyard, so it doesn't need the speedway.
I checked Google Earth for that parking lot yesterday, didn’t see anything conclusive. Today the image has updated and I definitely see what looks like Lightnings (with the led light bar)…in fact, I think I see my red one. :(
Ford F-150 Lightning Train ride to NorCal 33937E8B-3F35-4883-AAB4-012B5D9E6609

syrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat 3.5L PowerBoost
dealer just called, my truck is at the dealer in walnut creek!!! this is after silent on rail tracking since 19th, nothing on united road, delivery estimate pushed back last night.

looks like they trucked it from vegas.

expect everyone should get some good news shortly as well!!
Sponsored