Sponsored

gschom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Platinum
I put in the Garmin Mini 2 for less than that. But I like how yours plugs into the mirror. I have the OBD2 plug running mine.
I was considering this camera as well. It actually seems to be efficient enough that it can also be run from the mirror's power source, like OP's. You'll need this adapter: https://dongar.tech/products/16pin-ford-f150
Sponsored

The Rogue Robot

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Paper pusher
I ordered this FITCAMX Dash Cam and received it today. It's powered by the harness that plugs into the back of the rear view mirror. It took me less than 5 minutes to install and looks super clean. You can access the videos through WIFI with the phone app. It took a week to get here from China. So far I highly recommend it!
How's the quality of the video? night vision?

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I was considering this camera as well. It actually seems to be efficient enough that it can also be run from the mirror's power source, like OP's. You'll need this adapter: https://dongar.tech/products/16pin-ford-f150
It's a nice cam, out of the way, you wouldn't even know it's there. Their app kind of sucks though. Breaks connection often. I just pop the card out to view things. Camera quality is wonderful. I was thinking about getting a 2nd for the back window and tapping into one of the power plugs in the center console.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
I ordered this FITCAMX Dash Cam and received it today.
Looks great! No reviews yet on Amazon, I guess because it's only been available a few weeks. Please do a follow up review here after you've had a week or more to play with it!

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
That’s weird. I only see it with $9.90 (non-prime) shipping.
Is your Pro mirror powered? In other words, will I be able to do this on my Pro?

Captain337

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning PRO
Is your Pro mirror powered? In other words, will I be able to do this on my Pro?
Don’t know yet. It’s supposed to be auto-dimming so has some power.

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I ordered this FITCAMX Dash Cam and received it today. It's powered by the harness that plugs into the back of the rear view mirror. It took me less than 5 minutes to install and looks super clean. You can access the videos through WIFI with the phone app. It took a week to get here from China. So far I highly recommend it!

Coupon code: CAM150

20220830_140152.jpg

20220830_140218.jpg

Looks great... and I love the fact that there's a harness already there.

The funny thing is there are cameras all over the place. Ford should consider a software update to save the camera views to a USB drive so we don't need to use any new hardware. Tesla does this with a USB port in the center console.

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks great... and I love the fact that there's a harness already there.

The funny thing is there are cameras all over the place. Ford should consider a software update to save the camera views to a USB drive so we don't need to use any new hardware. Tesla does this with a USB port in the center console.
Hopefully all the hardware is there for that and they can just unlock it with a software update.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I bought a camera and the harness seperate. Cost less than $50...

Reactions: s_c

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Hopefully all the hardware is there for that and they can just unlock it with a software update.
The hardware is definitely there. The console USB ports are not just power, so they can carry data. Tesla goes even one step further with Sentry Mode, where the cameras can record even when the car is parked.

In my opinion, all cars should have dash cams. It simplifies insurance and law enforcement claims. Although they can just as easily prove you were in the wrong, I absolutely want to be able to use them to prove when I'm right.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
The cameras are there, but likely not in the right position to catch the things Tesla cams capture. Plus it isn't really the cameras, its the CPU - how much video can they handle and how much extra storage is built into the main computer that might process and store. I give it about a 5% chance of happening on current models.

nash_diego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Model 3, Pacifica Hybrid
Can anyone provide a review of this model? Does it do what it says it does with just the harness plug? Like start recording when you start the car, stop when you stop, record over the data when it’s full, save the file when it detects a collision, and be able to pull down the data easily? If so, I’m in.

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can anyone provide a review of this model? Does it do what it says it does with just the harness plug? Like start recording when you start the car, stop when you stop, record over the data when it’s full, save the file when it detects a collision, and be able to pull down the data easily? If so, I’m in.
I can only tell you that it does do all of those things except save the file when detecting a collision. It says it's supposed to do that, but I haven't verified it personally 🤞.
Sponsored