• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Order and Fight or pay the ADM?

OP
OP

aceshigh73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pilot
I am literally sitting on the "Pay" screen just need to click the button and I cant. Its eating me alive these dealer F'ers :)
Sponsored

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
What happens if you get the invite and don't order? Does the dealer keep the allocation?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Well if it gets delivered this year you are guaranteed the $7500 plus you have the price protection. I dare say that many of us way down on our dealer's list would gladly pay $2500 over the 2022 sticker to buy a Lightning this year and possibly get the tax credit if delivered/bought by Dec 31. I hope to be a 23 order and not looking forward to the $15K increase (assuming the tax rebate is gone because Ford couldn't lobby out the battery content requirement that goes into effect in 2023).

Would you buy it for that price if you didn't have the invite? If the dealer called you up and said he would sell a stock vehicle for $2500 over 2022 sticker? I would.

The $2500 is a lesson learned. Plus you can give them negative reviews and impact future buyers. And you may get them to change their mind before delivery.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

orangefirefish

First Name
Sheen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Well if it gets delivered this year you are guaranteed the $7500 plus you have the price protection. I dare say that many of us way down on our dealer's list would gladly pay $2500 over the 2022 sticker to buy a Lightning this year and possibly get the tax credit if delivered/bought by Dec 31. I hope to be a 23 order and not looking forward to the $15K increase (assuming the tax rebate is gone because Ford couldn't lobby out the battery content requirement that goes into effect in 2023).

Would you buy it for that price if you didn't have the invite? If the dealer called you up and said he would sell a stock vehicle for $2500 over 2022 sticker? I would.

The $2500 is a lesson learned. Plus you can give them negative reviews and impact future buyers. And you may get them to change their mind before delivery.
$2500 is one thing. The other is that the dealer was holding the order invite hostage and not releasing it to grab this extra cash from the customer. The more we accept it the more we normalize these dealer shenanigans. I think it’s at least worth the fight with Ford corporate if push comes to shove.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I would just order. If you don't order, you won't get a Lightning until later 2024/2025. Figure the rest out after the fact, the order is the Golden Ticket right now.

Did you not speak with your dealer about these things before your invite came?

OP
OP

aceshigh73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pilot
I would just order. If you don't order, you won't get a Lightning until later 2024/2025. Figure the rest out after the fact, the order is the Golden Ticket right now.

Did you not speak with your dealer about these things before your invite came?
not directly. When I got that late invite in April all that was left was the lariat and that was a non starter. So I extended for an XLT instead of cancelling and waasnt Aware at all that I was getting an invite last week.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
not directly. When I got that late invite in April all that was left was the lariat and that was a non starter. So I extended for an XLT instead of cancelling and waasnt Aware at all that I was getting an invite last week.
Oh.

When I first reserved I had a good talk with my dealer within the first week of the reservation. They assured me no ADM and a few other things. We haven't had to discuss it again since, though it's come up in conversations as reassurances.

I highly encourage any and all reservations to contact their dealer and have the ADM conversation and also get an idea of what place you are in your line ASAP. It's easy to switch dealers before the invite comes.

bwcbwc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler
I am literally sitting on the "Pay" screen just need to click the button and I cant. Its eating me alive these dealer F'ers :)
Click the button!

At least it gives you options. You can always cancel get your deposit back if you change your mind.

If you let it expire, it’ll be no dice until 2024 at best and will cost you way more than an additional $2500.

You could even buy it with the ADM, drive it for a year, and then sell it and likely get back your entire investment if not more.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
My order page did not show ADM but the dealer later said there would be $5,000. I am hoping to complete the purchase online and avoid the ADM that way.

If you want the truck, suck it up and order. Try to get around it later, or make the decision later if you decide not to pay the ADM. What stinks about that is that the dealer will then make $30,000 ADM once it's on their lot.

Sponsored

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
This dealer will continue to fuck you. $2500 adm now, and when it comes in another $5000 in LoJack, warranty and vin etching and then THEY WILL POCKET THE FORD PRIVATE OFFER which would have honored the old pricing. It’s the classic fuck up my one time customer playbook. They are gonna take you for all they got, you will not be a returning customer and they don’t care.

Do not listen to the people here who are saying just order it. Ford has made it as fucked as possible for people who chose to extend.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Click the button. The dealer is just reflecting partial market spread - taking part of the vig. You own the rest in a crazy market where you have an ace in the hole - the tax credit plus you could sell it for a flip grain on day one, well over the $2,500, so zero downside. The dealer is just saying "Give me a taste." Capitalism folks.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
This dealer will continue to fuck you. $2500 adm now, and when it comes in another $5000 in LoJack, warranty and vin etching and then THEY WILL POCKET THE FORD PRIVATE OFFER which would have honored the old pricing. It’s the classic fuck up my one time customer playbook. They are gonna take you for all they got, you will not be a returning customer and they don’t care.

Do not listen to the people here who are saying just order it. Ford has made it as fucked as possible for people who chose to extend.
Without ordering he loses his reservation and gets no truck.

Worse comes to worse he pays all the BS and then turns around and flips it for an extra $20k (if he really doesn't want to spend all the extra cash).

He also can post the paperwork showing the crazy charges online and ruin that dealership. Everyone will go review bomb them, just happened to some turd of a dealer that marked up some Corvettes.

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Without ordering he loses his reservation and gets no truck.

Worse comes to worse he pays all the BS and then turns around and flips it for an extra $20k (if he really doesn't want to spend all the extra cash).

He also can post the paperwork showing the crazy charges online and ruin that dealership. Everyone will go review bomb them, just happened to some turd of a dealer that marked up some Corvettes.
You think he is gonna make $40k on an XLT? You may need to look up what these trucks are actually selling for. C&B just sold one for roughly $20k over and that’s before whatever state taxes you paid initially.

You do realize that once the deal is signed it is very difficult to unwind that deal, outside of a lemon? Also this dealer clearly doesn’t give a fuck about reviews. There are tons of Ford dealers all around the country with 2 star or less reviews that seem to survive fine by fucking people over.

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Place the order to get in line. I would then get the $2500 ADM and zero add ons in and giving you the private offer in writing from this piece of shit dealer.
Sponsored