Sponsored

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
Interested to hear from all the members who got the front bar tinted/painted. I know the following members got their front bar done:

@It's Just Me
@tommolog
@FordTough98198
@hoovertac

Anyone else? @vagabond7846 did you end up getting it done?

For those that got it done, how do you like it? Would you have done something different? Do you mind giving more details on exactly how it was done and the cost? I think many of us are considering getting it done....
Well, it's been about two weeks and I still like it. A lot.

Whatever tint the shop used matches very closely to the grille and I came to hate that bright white plastic bar across the top. Didn't mind it at night, but it was so obnoxious.

I paid $250 to have it done. BUT, the sides of the light bar where the hood piece is are not tinted, though you can't really tell. The very inside of the corners of the lights aren't done either because of the really sharp angle and tight space.

At night it is slightly dimmed due to the tint, but I still think it looks quite nice.

On a white truck or the ice blue, which I have seen, it blends more. Saw it on a couple of black ones and it's OK, but mostly because of the stark contrast.

I wouldn't have tinted it if the bar actually functioned as an actual light source like auxiliary driving lights or something, but otherwise I enjoy it.
Sponsored

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Simpso57 I didn’t like it and I did something different. Had them strip off the tint and then redo it by blacking out all of the top and bottom surfaces leaving only the front facing part of the bar white. Then they clear coated the whole thing and now I absolutely love it!!
F261AC96-1F4E-41C9-8E72-3CFA1A319C75.jpeg

3DB4D96D-354E-4EFA-9071-91F93E2C8C88.jpeg

FD8EBD32-AF63-4987-A0C0-952E1C6CAD46.jpeg

ADCF6B0B-2884-4167-ACC7-AF6C38CCBD69.jpeg

F1D83388-11ED-419C-800F-18F547F4C5FD.jpeg
Is it me or is that pain matte? Just no reflexion or shine. I like it a lot. My '15 F-150 was Rapid Red too, but that combo looks pretty sweet.

I like the highlight look that provides. Very nice.

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I took it to one tint shop and they were unable to do the job. They tried to use an external tinted wrap, but they said they were unable to get it to adhere to all the corners/bends. I still want to get this done, but I have to find another shop willing to try it. If anyone knows a place in NJ (central jersey preferred, monmouth county), I'd love to get this done.
I am not sure what was used on mine, however they did wrap it with PPF, then put a second tint film over it.

The angles are so so sharp that it is hard to get the films to bend right because they're so thick. Multiple cuts needed, and there are two spots I can see the cuts, but it's understandable because of the angles. My wrap shop was up front and said they'd give it a try, but couldn't guarantee the whole bar could be wrapped because of the design.

I'd say call up a high end car dealer and see who they use/refer to. Those shops are used to Astons, Lambos, Bentley (my guy wrapped a couple just a few weeks prior) so they have some experience with exaggerated angles and bends. Call up the Porsche, Rolls, Bentley places and see what they might offer.

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Business Consultant
Is it me or is that pain matte? Just no reflexion or shine. I like it a lot. My '15 F-150 was Rapid Red too, but that combo looks pretty sweet.

I like the highlight look that provides. Very nice.
Yep! It’s XPEL Stealth PPF on the whole truck. It gives it a satin finish while allowing the color and sparkle to come through.

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yep! It’s XPEL Stealth PPF on the whole truck. It gives it a satin finish while allowing the color and sparkle to come through.
Where the hell were you a couple weeks back? I'd love that on my Atlas Blue. Very nice.

Sponsored

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Haha. It was quite the process but I’m super happy with how it came out.

507CA58C-CC6E-4D32-BF29-0C21549B3A40.jpeg

41A50A22-FE9F-44F6-9AA6-34CAE9D97431.jpeg
That looks sweet. I like how you left the "F-150" with the gloss paint to stand out a bit - especially if you aren't going to put a graphic on it.

I also see that you debadged her. Looks very nice.

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Business Consultant
That looks sweet. I like how you left the "F-150" with the gloss paint to stand out a bit - especially if you aren't going to put a graphic on it.

I also see that you debadged her. Looks very nice.
I appreciate that! Yea I have the badges but preferred the slick look. Might get a “lightning” graphic for the back window instead. Looks clean.

dippinMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat
wow these are looking good! I asked my tint guy back when I got the truck in july but he was afraid to even attempt it lol I might give it a shot myself, i’ve wrapped a couple cars before. also the stealth PPF is amazing, I really want to do it on my antimatter blue, but I just spent $1k to have the truck ceramic coated lol so that might have to wait

Sponsored

kyriotate

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
Curious how anyone still watching how it is holding up. My regular tint shop didn't want to do the lightbar supposedly from a it holding up perspective. They recommended another place that would do a smoke dip...

ColaKing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning- Lariat
@Simpso57 I didn’t like it and I did something different. Had them strip off the tint and then redo it by blacking out all of the top and bottom surfaces leaving only the front facing part of the bar white. Then they clear coated the whole thing and now I absolutely love it!!
F261AC96-1F4E-41C9-8E72-3CFA1A319C75.jpeg

3DB4D96D-354E-4EFA-9071-91F93E2C8C88.jpeg

FD8EBD32-AF63-4987-A0C0-952E1C6CAD46.jpeg

ADCF6B0B-2884-4167-ACC7-AF6C38CCBD69.jpeg

F1D83388-11ED-419C-800F-18F547F4C5FD.jpeg
Does the light come through the painted parts of the light bar? If so, does it look even? Looks great BTW. The best mod I've seen. The stealth wrap is on point as well!

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Business Consultant
Does the light come through the painted parts of the light bar? If so, does it look even? Looks great BTW. The best mod I've seen. The stealth wrap is on point as well!
As shown, the light only comes through the white parts. The rest is gloss black and not opaque. When I had the whole bar smoked it was uneven and I did not like it. Thank you for the compliment!

strmwzrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
I had this done yesterday. Tint master used "Luxe light wrap". He struggled with it but I am glad to be rid of the fluorescent light bulb look.

Ford F-150 Lightning Tinted front light bar on F150 Lightning using special tint made for lights 20230810_161300

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Curious how anyone still watching how it is holding up. My regular tint shop didn't want to do the lightbar supposedly from a it holding up perspective. They recommended another place that would do a smoke dip...
Sorry for the 4 month delay. I just saw this.

Mine still looks great. Multiple long highway trips, snowstorms, climbing Mt. Washington, through the winter. No pitting, no nicks, no nothing.

And I still love how it doesn't look like a painted white line around the grille and headlights.

I'm seeing more and more Lightnings around me and I can tell from a long way off that it's a Lightning because of that stupid, ugly white bar line.
Sponsored