Sponsored

F150 Lightning Pro Light Bar Through FORSCAN?

OP
OP
KurtsRPMGarage

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
I still have a light bar on hand. I'll happily test any theories we can come up with.
Sponsored

Lectruk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on pro
I still have a light bar on hand. I'll happily test any theories we can come up with.
Any update? I am happy to help try ideas. What is the expected voltage at which pins in the connector? What values have you tried changing in Forscan? Curious how hard it would be to just run 12v line if forscan won't work. Which pins need connected to 12v?

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
I'm watching this thread too.
Hope to eventually install a light bar on my Pro when/if it's possible to do so.

Sponsored
OP
OP
KurtsRPMGarage

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Any update? I am happy to help try ideas. What is the expected voltage at which pins in the connector? What values have you tried changing in Forscan? Curious how hard it would be to just run 12v line if forscan won't work. Which pins need connected to 12v?
Sorry for the late reply. I haven't looked at in months. I have a list somewhere of what I tried. I'll dig it out and post it this weekend if I find it. I basically compared an xlt's values to the Pros and tried changing everything that could be related. Anything to do with lighting, bcm, etc... Nothing made a difference. According to this thread the voltage the light bar requires varies from 32 to 36 volts so running a 12v power line is a no go.

shoopg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Pro
Good luck and I hope you prove what I was told wrong. I did get my information from a very reliable source, I stopped digging into the solution once I heard that information.

Edit: I'm curious what you discover with the voltmeter.

Yeah my theory is correct. Atleast on my truck. I have continuity to ground and I get voltage on the pins that should have voltage in the light bar connector behind the grille.

Here's the problem though: I'm only getting 2 volts, when it should be 36 volts. I've connected my lightbar to an external power supply and verified that it does light up with 36 volts (and not 12 volts so we're on the right path atleast.)

shoopg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Pro
Sorry for the late reply. I haven't looked at in months. I have a list somewhere of what I tried. I'll dig it out and post it this weekend if I find it. I basically compared an xlt's values to the Pros and tried changing everything that could be related. Anything to do with lighting, bcm, etc... Nothing made a difference. According to this thread the voltage the light bar requires varies from 32 to 36 volts so running a 12v power line is a no go.
You're running XLT firmware on your BCM too right?

I think all that's left at this point would be HCM firmware/hardware and LDCM firmware. I'm talking with Livinitup in the ICE forums about this to see what he thinks, but so far none of the changes we've made in forscan have made a difference. He did map out the LDCMs for us in the forscan spreadsheets though!

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Would utilizing the wiring to the 2 side lamps work? (Splicing/Series/Parallel wiring)

Sponsored

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
Yeah my theory is correct. Atleast on my truck. I have continuity to ground and I get voltage on the pins that should have voltage in the light bar connector behind the grille.

Here's the problem though: I'm only getting 2 volts, when it should be 36 volts. I've connected my lightbar to an external power supply and verified that it does light up with 36 volts (and not 12 volts so we're on the right path atleast.)
This is great news! Can not wait until you get it all figured out!

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The light bar works now. Maybe he will post about it but he sent me the thread. We made it work.

OP
OP
KurtsRPMGarage

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist