FordPass not responding

davidf01

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
Anyone else getting "FordPass not responding" when trying to set departure time on the app. I'm on a android phone.
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My FordPass stopped responding yesterday around noon.

Since then I've also noticed:
- Zone Lighting (on truck screen) won't toggle on
- If I test my frunk outlets in ProPower I get a ground fault
- Automatic updates (on truck screen) went to off and won't let me toggle back on

Not sure which of these are related but I do have a ticket in with Ford and an Engineer is supposed to get back to me in 3-5 days.

Thanks to forum members help I was also able to determine the I have no DTC's in the cloud and no Pending updates.

I've also tried resetting FordPass (in truck), Factory Reset, and uninstalled/reinstalled FordPass all to no avail.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Works for me, but it took about 50 seconds to post and acknowledge.

When FP is wonky, I force stop the app, clear the temp cache and restart, usually responds better, though changing charging and departure schemes often result in long delays before adjustment posts

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
My truck has not communicated with Fordpass for 22 hours now. It will no longer detect my wifi network either. I was told by chat to toggle connected services, but I have no ability to do this that I can see.

Capertrj

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150
I noticed mine when I click Smart Hitch or onboard scales it says not operational please visit your dealer for service.

Sponsored
OP
OP

davidf01

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
My truck has not communicated with Fordpass for 22 hours now. It will no longer detect my wifi network either. I was told by chat to toggle connected services, but I have no ability to do this that I can see.
Connected services is on the truck screen someplace I can't remember exactly where under settings I think.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I know where it is but there’s no toggle button, at least not for me

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
To detect a wifi network I needed to shut off wifi on my phone (easiest way to disconnect from wireless Android Auto). The truck's uses its wifi connection to connect wirelessly to Android Auto (and CarPlay I assume).

That didn't fix anything for me, but it did allow the truck to reconnect to my wifi.

When I click on Connected Services in settings, it tells me it's currently unavailable. Was working fine 48 hours ago.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I fixed my connectivity with FordPass issue. I pulled the negative leads from the 12v battery, hit the start button on the truck (old habit of draining phantom charges), and reconnected the negative terminal.

Only issue was my frunk got stuck up, had to gently manually shut it, then it worked fine.

Hopefully these issues in the future don't require a full reset via battery terminal. I shouldn't have to install a quick terminal disconnect for THESE reasons. 🤣

@Ford Motor Company

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
Anyone else getting "FordPass not responding" when trying to set departure time on the app. I'm on a android phone.
Yes, this exact thing started a few days ago for me. Also Android, if it matters.

Sponsored

SCC17605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
67 Camaro, 02 F150
I fixed my connectivity with FordPass issue. I pulled the negative leads from the 12v battery, hit the start button on the truck (old habit of draining phantom charges), and reconnected the negative terminal.

Only issue was my frunk got stuck up, had to gently manually shut it, then it worked fine.

Hopefully these issues in the future don't require a full reset via battery terminal. I shouldn't have to install a quick terminal disconnect for THESE reasons. 🤣

@Ford Motor Company
I had this exact same issue. No connection since 12/11. Ford said it would need a trip to the dealer. Not really wanting to bring a truck with 800 miles on it to a dealer to be torn apart but your trick seemed to fix it, for now at least so thank you. This shouldn’t be such a widespread issue on a truck that’s been out for almost a year.

IH905

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Lincoln Nav, Lightning Platinum-On order
Occupation
Business Owner
I'm having the same problem when I noticed my location hadn't been updated on my Ford Pass app. When I check the connectivity setting on the truck, it says setting not available. I'll try the battery disconnect and see if that works.
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass not responding IMG_1001(2).JPEG

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I'm having the same problem when I noticed my location hadn't been updated on my Ford Pass app. When I check the connectivity setting on the truck, it says setting not available. I'll try the battery disconnect and see if that works.
IMG_1001(2).JPEG
FYI, I also made sure the truck was unplugged.

OP
OP

davidf01

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Did you try holding the volume down and next track buttons till the screen resets?
Yes mulitple times, and a FordPass Reset, and a Factory reset.
Sponsored