• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Water in rear light bar

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
2022 Lariat Lightning in Ottawa Canada. Full bar has water. Started in the right side... lost that light and it has progressed to a flickering full light... mostly out. But now its the white part that is flickering ... its bad. My dealership is delaying response right now.
Okay so likely no coincidence now. I’ve had mine replaced THREE times just taking delivery in June. Every time the water intrusion began in the Right side of the light bar. Beginning to wonder if they will
Just keep replacing it till the warranty runs its course.
Sponsored

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Could we not use silicon to seal around the edges? I'm going to test it myself to see if it works. Rather do that than rely on Ford to replace it under warranty.

For those that don't mind the light being off, wait until you lose your camera.

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
Could we not use silicon to seal around the edges? I'm going to test it myself to see if it works. Rather do that than rely on Ford to replace it under warranty.

For those that don't mind the light being off, wait until you lose your camera.
Let us know if you find where water is getting in. Possibly through the tailgate?

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Let us know if you find where water is getting in. Possibly through the tailgate?
I'll definitely update you once I get my replacement, although it may not be for another month or so!

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
For those having problems with the light or camera, make sure you go to the NHTSA website to file a complaint. The NHhTSA Office of Defects Investigation uses this information as part of their decision making process to determine whether there will be a recall.

Sponsored

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Add me to the list -- I noticed the water intrusion effect almost the first day I picked up the truck in the rain. Didn’t think much of it, but after the recent torrential California downpours, the rear tailgate white lamps now are just constantly flickering.

Is this worth replacing yet? It’s going to be raining on and off for a few weeks and I’d rather just wait until the spring/summer to get it fixed, hoping for a new part.

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
Add me to the list -- I noticed the water intrusion effect almost the first day I picked up the truck in the rain. Didn’t think much of it, but after the recent torrential California downpours, the rear tailgate white lamps now are just constantly flickering.

Is this worth replacing yet? It’s going to be raining on and off for a few weeks and I’d rather just wait until the spring/summer to get it fixed, hoping for a new part.
Just out of safety concern, I'd get it replaced asap. Maybe you can convince your servicer to try and reinforce it better than the factory did. Sorry to hear that, by the way. First day issue is wild.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
I noticed mine within the first couple weeks. Finally brought it in for service today, they ordered a replacement but have zero ETA on arrival.

I also went ahead and had them order replacement delaminated running board which was a day 1 issue for me as with so many.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Hi there! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this water in light bar concern for you? Thank you!

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi there! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this water in light bar concern for you? Thank you!
@Ford Motor Company This is quickly turning into a Safety Issue. Looks like my back up light will probably be inoperable in no time based on the fact it is starting to flicker like crazy due to the water penetration. (See video)

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
@Ford Motor Company This is quickly turning into a Safety Issue. Looks like my back up light will probably be inoperable in no time based on the fact it is starting to flicker like crazy due to the water penetration. (See video)
You're still OK. Wait until the rear brake light is gone. After that, it's only a matter of time before you lose the camera too.

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
The part finally came in an the dealership replaced it. They said they also would need to replace the cap on top of the tailgate, but I'd need to come back for that since they didn't have it and didn't know it needed to be replaced with the light bar. They said they would have to order the cap and it would come in a couple of days. It turned out, there was another customer with a water logged light bar in the queue due for replacement the following week, and they had his tailgate cap, so they gave me his and will give him the one they ordered for me. So far so good with the replacements. It hasn't rained, but I've been through the car wash a couple times and no issues.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The part finally came in an the dealership replaced it. They said they also would need to replace the cap on top of the tailgate, but I'd need to come back for that since they didn't have it and didn't know it needed to be replaced with the light bar. They said they would have to order the cap and it would come in a couple of days. It turned out, there was another customer with a water logged light bar in the queue due for replacement the following week, and they had his tailgate cap, so they gave me his and will give him the one they ordered for me. So far so good with the replacements. It hasn't rained, but I've been through the car wash a couple times and no issues.
When did they order yours? Mine was ordered on 1/6/23, I havent heard from them or touched base with them on yet.
Sponsored