• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Water in rear light bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
The part finally came in an the dealership replaced it. They said they also would need to replace the cap on top of the tailgate, but I'd need to come back for that since they didn't have it and didn't know it needed to be replaced with the light bar. They said they would have to order the cap and it would come in a couple of days. It turned out, there was another customer with a water logged light bar in the queue due for replacement the following week, and they had his tailgate cap, so they gave me his and will give him the one they ordered for me. So far so good with the replacements. It hasn't rained, but I've been through the car wash a couple times and no issues.
Why did the cap need to be replaced? Is this something they break when they replace the lightbar or is it somehow related to the lightbar failing?
Sponsored

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Why did the cap need to be replaced? Is this something they break when they replace the lightbar or is it somehow related to the lightbar failing?
They mentioned something about the clips breaking when taking it off.

OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OP
OP
bg226

bg226

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When did they order yours? Mine was ordered on 1/6/23, I havent heard from them or touched base with them on yet.
Beginning of December 2022.

Sponsored

TruckPowered

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
Well I'm glad I found this thread. Kinda. Had quite a few little problems that I was 'ignoring', one of them was annoying flickering of the white LED (reverse lights) and I thought I had a few drivers flash their brights at me on the freeway- probably because my red lights were flickering. When my buddy called me and told me to take a look at my tailgate, my frustration finally led me to call the dealer.
I'm not feeling great about this- just continually replacing it?! Affects basically all tailgate lighting and backup camera?! Ugh.

Ford F-150 Lightning Water in rear light bar IMG_2361

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Welcome to the club. Sorry you are here though!

I just called the dealership and they said the light bar is in. (I did not ask why they hadn’t called, but immediately wondered why they hadn’t and how long it had been in)

I’m scheduled for next Wednesday. 🤞

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
I passed by my dealer a couple months ago and spoke to my SA about it. He and the manager both saw it and said they'd order it in.

I was in the area today, so I passed by and asked for an update. Turns out none of them ordered it.

Please make sure you bother your dealership to ensure its ordered, and then that its come in.

Remember, this isn't nearly as important to them as it is to us.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Well I'm glad I found this thread. Kinda. Had quite a few little problems that I was 'ignoring', one of them was annoying flickering of the white LED (reverse lights) and I thought I had a few drivers flash their brights at me on the freeway- probably because my red lights were flickering. When my buddy called me and told me to take a look at my tailgate, my frustration finally led me to call the dealer.
I'm not feeling great about this- just continually replacing it?! Affects basically all tailgate lighting and backup camera?! Ugh.

IMG_2361.jpg
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Lightning concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

SebR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
2022 Lariat Lightning in Ottawa Canada. Full bar has water. Started in the right side... lost that light and it has progressed to a flickering full light... mostly out. But now its the white part that is flickering ... its bad. My dealership is delaying response right now.

Problem reported late in Nov. Dealer took in truck for a day on Jan 6. Gave me back the truck with nothing fixed. FEB 10, still have not heard a thing even after asking a few times.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
A WHAT weekend!?
I read that early this morning before my coffee and was struggling to comprehend! I figured it was some east coast slang that meant something different than I am used to!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just adding an update. Part was ordered on 12-16-22. Dealership said it was on backorder until 1-19-23. Just reached out and they have not yet received the part in as Friday 2-10-23. I'm hoping they revise the part to be more reliable because this process has been miserable and I am not excited to keep repeating the process as others have.
Sponsored