Sponsored

Adding SecuriCode to Pro?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I also need this for surfing and just ordered one. I found this install video. I'll let you know how it goes.
That one replicates a keyfob and it protrudes out the side, FYI.

I will be installing the Securicode keypad. I found the correct trim piece but the keypad is out of stock everywhere I've looked and I'm not willing to pay outrageous prices on eBay.
Sponsored

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
One option would be to order the Pro trim piece without the cut-out (or just fill in the cut out in the trim piece you have), and then wrap the trims so they all match. Here is a video of someone doing a wrap on that trim:

If you decide to do it, would love pictures of the inside of your door and the wire harness. A bunch of us are trying to figure out if we can wire in the intelligent access handles on the Pro and low XLT trim.

In fact, I'm in the area and will happily offer you a helping hand and take the photos!
I found videos where people are replacing the keypad. They also nicely show the wiring inside the door. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHyoHYLKbZI. After looking at the video I decided to not attempt this...

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I found videos where people are replacing the keypad. They also nicely show the wiring inside the door. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHyoHYLKbZI. After looking at the video I decided to not attempt this...
I too reluctantly declined adding it for the same reasons. If I were to invest that kind of effort into a petty upgrade, it'd be to replace the door handles with the button to unlock or whatever the key fob sensing technology is called that knows when you're close

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
I too reluctantly declined adding it for the same reasons. If I were to invest that kind of effort into a petty upgrade, it'd be to replace the door handles with the button to unlock or whatever the key fob sensing technology is called that knows when you're close
wait..is this an option??

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
wait..is this an option??
i'm stil researching this. My dealer does aftermarket upgrades in house, so i'm gonna swing by and ask. There was also a post on this forum of an upgrade that allowed you to add remote start to oem keyfob which i am probably gonna do.

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I removed the door panel today and the connection is there. I wanted to make sure the connection was there before I ordered the trim piece with the cutout. I misplaced my code card. I assume the dealer can get another with my vin. I did temporarily hook the keypad up. It did light up. I tried pushing the top and bottom button to lock it but it did nothing, but the door was open. i couldn’t close the door cause the door panel half on with door latch and lock cable still attached. Can anyone confirm that we need to charge stuff in forscan. I did find a setting “keypad” which I enabled.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Should be 7/8 and 9/0 to lock

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
I removed the door panel today and the connection is there. I wanted to make sure the connection was there before I ordered the trim piece with the cutout. I misplaced my code card. I assume the dealer can get another with my vin. I did temporarily hook the keypad up. It did light up. I tried pushing the top and bottom button to lock it but it did nothing, but the door was open. i couldn’t close the door cause the door panel half on with door latch and lock cable still attached. Can anyone confirm that we need to charge stuff in forscan. I did find a setting “keypad” which I enabled.
I have the matte cutout panel on order from tasca. Going to cut my current one, but wanted a pre cut one on standby I’m case I screw it up. As far as ForScan, these photos attached are what I have found so far!

I HAVE to have this mod, so just waiting on the trim panel. My 2009 F150 I used EVERY TIME. Keys never left the truck….never misplaced my keys in 14 years…haha

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding SecuriCode to Pro? 4CE79278-CE73-441B-85C4-7FEEE88F4256

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding SecuriCode to Pro? 24C65F65-7F6E-4C87-B052-0CFEC268EAE3

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding SecuriCode to Pro? 18926766-7AB9-4F5B-B34F-96A317F99A55

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I found a two key procedure to get my code. I also found two settings, one in BCM that lists keypad. When I enabled it updated 726-31-01 xxxx xx01 xx—. I also found a keypad in APIM and I enabled that. It updated 7D0-01-02 xxxx x2xx xx—.
both of these I had written on scrap paper I had written down awhile ago.

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding SecuriCode to Pro? DC1E4C3D-33AA-4A6E-B6F5-E525FCFA66F0

Sponsored

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Success! I pulled the door panel off again. I hooked up the keypad. i locked the door with the power lock button on door and entered my code and the driver door unlocked
Good deal!!

I have my pre cut door trim and all of the bed lights and wires ordered from tasca. Already have the door code assembly. They said some of the items are special order or delayed. I might give them a call tomorrow to see if it’s the door trim or not.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Btw I the keypad I got was from amazon. I know some have had trouble getting them. I just ordered the trim piece from tasca

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt