• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla Supercharger Membership Launched @ $12.99 / month. First video of Lightning charging at Supercharger CCS Magic Dock

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
I think they need to be permanent for nevi funding. If they also sold one to individuals that would be good to. Then you could use any supercharger, not just the few that are equipped.
Tesla is unlikely to do this since they have sites that are overloaded as it is. You'll note that the first ten sites Tesla picked are ones that have plenty of capacity. I expect Tesla is doing this to maximize utilization of their network without putting extra strain on it.
Sponsored

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Also found a second California Location in Placerville, CA… looks like they are starting in the low traffic areas

7E297923-7C6C-4F5C-9A64-ABA4D065911E.png
Wow! I normally charge at the EA in Placerville before heading back up the hill to Tahoe, or Pollock Pines at parents. If EA is ever down/too busy, I know I can hop on over to McDonalds/Tesla down the road. Thanks!

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Surprised about the fuss over pricing. I get it that some want to charge full time at public chargers, go for it. The only way to have a cost efficient EV experience is to charge at home.

With my savings from home and my very poor experience from EA and Francis Energy the Tesla chargers will be my absolute first and only charger to ever visit again if they are where I need them.

Sponsored

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
So, there is something like 12 stations in the entire US at the moment :D

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
So, there is something like 12 stations in the entire US at the moment :D
its been like 4 hours. Give them a little time. They have installed them at units near the Supercharger factory and not far from their California factory. They will probably run those sites for a while to be sure there aren’t any problems before rolling them out to the rest of the country.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Surprised about the fuss over pricing. I get it that some want to charge full time at public chargers, go for it. The only way to have a cost efficient EV experience is to charge at home.

With my savings from home and my very poor experience from EA and Francis Energy the Tesla chargers will be my absolute first and only charger to ever visit again if they are where I need them.
Exactly. My excitement for this option is simply a “Break in case of emergency” on a road trip. What is the cost equivalent of a tow truck and a family road trip gone sideways?

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Guys pricing is completely in line. Supercharging/ DC Fast Charging is not for daily use. It’s for Road trips and if you have no access to a charger at your destination.

The whole luxury of having an EV is that you can always wake up with a full charge and pay very little or almost nothing if you have Solar.

Sponsored

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
Absolute game changer. Once they get these all online the long-distance utility of the Lightning will increase dramatically.

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro, Tesla Model Y Performance
If they don't fix the length of their cables and vehicles like our lightnings having the charger port on the other side and blocking 2 stalls while charging, I am not sure how this will work especially in California without Tesla owners rioting. I would hate to pull into a Tesla charging station with my model Y and seeing no spots being available due to the fact half of the stations are blocked by non Tesla owners. Also keep in mind those spots will still show as available in the app. They need to come up with new chargers. These retrofitted magic dock chargers either will only be in these very remote locations or this might be bad for Tesla.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
If they don't fix the length of their cables and vehicles like our lightnings having the charger port on the other side and blocking 2 stalls while charging, I am not sure how this will work especially in California without Tesla owners rioting. I would hate to pull into a Tesla charging station with my model Y and seeing no spots being available due to the fact half of the stations are blocked by non Tesla owners. Also keep in mind those spots will still show as available in the app. They need to come up with new chargers. These retrofitted magic dock chargers either will only be in these very remote locations or this might be bad for Tesla.
The "wrong" side vehicles can park next to each other and only waste one spot per row.

Gas pumps aren't always 100% utilized either when the mix of left-side/right-side cars is off.

It's going to be ok.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
The "wrong" side vehicles can park next to each other and only waste one spot per row.

Gas pumps aren't always 100% utilized either when the mix of left-side/right-side cars is off.

It's going to be ok.
Yeah I keep seeing people flipping out about the hypothetical blocking of all chargers by CCS cars... it's not going to be as big of a problem as people are making it out to be. It's like concern trolling almost. Most superchargers in the US are underutilized as it is. A big portion of them have enough room on the ends to use the first or last one without blocking another stall. If Tesla owners make an effort to pick middle stalls, and other EVs make an effort to use the ends, the issue will almost never happen.
Sponsored