This happened today.

Jonny Hotnuts

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Forrd
Happened while driving. Going around 70 mph on I84. Blue cruise on.

Dash screen goes instantly black; no idea how fast I am going; had to hit brake peddle (couldn't tell if Blue Cruise was on or not); no idea wtf was going on.

Took first exit; parked in a hotel lot near PDX; turned truck on and off a few times; locked-unlocked doors----nothing. Eventually, screen started working after truck was off for about 20 minutes.
Contacted Gresham Ford (dealership where purchased.) The sales guy was understanding; the service guy gave me attitude (not even joking).
I am to the point where I am going to tell the dealer (and Ford) to stick this truck square right up their arse. (*Can't make outgoing calls, now this black screen stuff . . . in less than 500 miles?!)

Ford F-150 Lightning This happened today. 20230703_124803

Pic taken while pulling into hotel.

~JH
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Hate to see you having issues. Looks like there are still a few bugs in the system to be worked out.

Good Luck.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE

Dash screen goes instantly black; no idea how fast I am going; had to hit brake peddle (couldn't tell if Blue Cruise was on or not); no idea wtf was going on.

Took first exit; parked in a hotel lot near PDX; turned truck on and off a few times; locked-unlocked doors----nothing. Eventually, screen started working after truck was off for about 20 minutes.
Contacted Gresham Ford (dealership where purchased.) The sales guy was understanding; the service guy gave me attitude (not even joking).
I am to the point where I am going to tell the dealer (and Ford) to stick this truck square right up their arse. (*Can't make outgoing calls, now this black screen stuff . . . in less than 500 miles?!)

20230703_124803.jpg

~JH
Oh...so that's what the new "Calm" screen mode looks like. Doesn't seem to have a calming effect though..:unsure:

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
You're entitled to feel however you want about it but things break. Looks like a bad screen to my untrained eye. It's an obvious safety threat but 'obvious' to you and I might not be obvious to the dealership service tech.

If @Ford Motor Company hasn't contacted you already I suggest sending them a DM. They were very responsive to an issue I had. If it were me, I'd be concerned about losing the screen again. Losing speed and BlueCruse status is a safety issue and should be addressed. Probably with a new screen.

Sponsored

Alexsouthcleveland

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 lightning Lariat ER

20230703_124803.jpg

~JH

Sorry to hear you’re having issues. In my 10 months of ownership and 21k miles I’ve only had the main screen freeze up and reset twice. Never anything with the instrument panel screen. Hopefully they can fix your issue. That is a serious safety concern. If your dealership won’t take it seriously try another nearby Ford Dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Double D

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I had a 2022 Lightning Platinum and while it was a good ride, it has problems with center screen not booting up at start, (black and splash screen freeze) about 1-2 minutes then came alive. That gave me no camera access. Where I park rear camera view is critical. I also had an issue with door handle lock/unlock function would work most of the time, but when it felt like it, dead as dead could be. Used number pad.

Took delivery of a 2023 Lightning Platinum last week off dealer lot. First couple of days life was grand, then center screen froze several times. Door handle lock/unlock works most of the time, but also when you least expect, dead as dead could be.

There was a module the dealer was going to replace in the 22 but never got the chance. I made an appointment yesterday, and 10/31 is the soonest I can get in. I get to start the whole painful process over again.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I had a 2022 Lightning Platinum and while it was a good ride, it has problems with center screen not booting up at start, (black and splash screen freeze) about 1-2 minutes then came alive. That gave me no camera access. Where I park rear camera view is critical. I also had an issue with door handle lock/unlock function would work most of the time, but when it felt like it, dead as dead could be. Used number pad.

Took delivery of a 2023 Lightning Platinum last week off dealer lot. First couple of days life was grand, then center screen froze several times. Door handle lock/unlock works most of the time, but also when you least expect, dead as dead could be.

There was a module the dealer was going to replace in the 22 but never got the chance. I made an appointment yesterday, and 10/31 is the soonest I can get in. I get to start the whole painful process over again.
I'm not sure about the head unit issues, but the door lock issue may very well be due to issues with the 12V battery not holding a charge properly or not being charged correctly by the DC-to-DC converter.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Hi Darrell! I can look into your Lightning's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Lightning's VIN?

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER

20230703_124803.jpg

~JH
i had the same thing happen last Thursday. I turned the truck off a few times, no change. Then I left it off for an hour and it came back on.
Sponsored