• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER for $56k seems to good to be true. What's the catch?

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE (sold). F150L Platinum
It's borderline unbelievable to me that he lifted the truck and put on those wheels and tires and somehow managed to get the dealer to buy it back for not hitting it's range estimate.

Wtaf
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
It's borderline unbelievable to me that he lifted the truck and put on those wheels and tires and somehow managed to get the dealer to buy it back for not hitting it's range estimate.

Wtaf
Read the thread, it's stated the reason for the buyback.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
I want to state that my LR Lariat does do 300 miles averaging 75-80 mph on the freeway..

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
I've been trying to plan my trip to Maine this August and realized I'll give it another year since we don't have any way to charge my truck once we get there, and instead I'll rent an SUV for myself, my GF and our 7mo Golden.

Let me know how the trip goes, and maybe it'll fix my confidence!
My daughter lives in Portland. We've done the trip from the Philadelphia area three times in our F150 Lightning ER. Prior to the F150, we did it four times in our Taycan. There are a lot of charging options throughout New England -- there are so many that you can nearly wing it.

Lately, we've been stopping at Electrify America in Stratford, CT and Electrify America at the Auburn mall in Massachusetts. They're both large stations (8 chargers at each), ie plenty of redundancy so that you're likely not waiting in-line.

While we could theoretically push it and do one stop, I like having a little buffer and we used the same two stops when we visited her this past winter (below freezing).

Several of the Maine Rest Stops have the new high speed Chargepoint chargers -- we've used them at the Kennebunk Service plaza.

As of this writing, you'll want to avoid the Electrify America in Scarborough, ME. Last week, they only had one working charger (only the right lead on charger 2). Apparently, the site is scheduled for a redo with EA's new charging hardware. Hence the (profane trade name) cones in this sad picture.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER for $56k seems to good to be true. What's the catch? IMG_2289-EDIT

In downtown Portland, you'll find a nice EVGo setup at the High Street parking lot with four stations, two of which being their new 350s. With an EVGo membership, it's the cheapest DC fast charging that you'll find in Maine.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER for $56k seems to good to be true. What's the catch? IMG_2252-EDIT

Also, if visiting downtown Portland, at the same High St lot, there are four Level 2 Chargepoint hookups that charge $2/hr. Nice downtown parking option that will also add a few miles of range for you.

If you're headed north of Brunswick, ME, your best bet will be car dealer Chargepoint stations, but below that, options certainly exist. Even a little overnight Level 1 charging can be helpul -- we did that with our Taycan at an AirBnB. I've also been lucky to find AirBNBs with 14-50 outlets.

Safe travels!

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I want to state that my LR Lariat does do 300 miles averaging 75-80 mph on the freeway..
Agreed. In 3 months, I have 9500 miles on my F150 Lightning ER traveling across 13 states. I now typically see 2.2-2.3kwh/mi. It seemed to get better with the miles -- while there's no break-in per se with an EV, parts clearly get accliminated. If I am particularly uphill in the mountains on a leg, it will dip to 1.9. Good regen mix of mountain ups and downs, I'll get 2.5-2.7. No tonneau cover. Lots of Blue Cruise. No one pedal driving.

If I am feeling aggressive, I switch it up to sport mode for the added regen following spurts of speed.

Sponsored

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
My daughter lives in Portland. We've done the trip from the Philadelphia area three times in our F150 Lightning ER. Prior to the F150, we did it four times in our Taycan. There are a lot of charging options throughout New England -- there are so many that you can nearly wing it.

Lately, we've been stopping at Electrify America in Stratford, CT and Electrify America at the Auburn mall in Massachusetts. They're both large stations (8 chargers at each), ie plenty of redundancy so that you're likely not waiting in-line.

While we could theoretically push it and do one stop, I like having a little buffer and we used the same two stops when we visited her this past winter (below freezing).

Several of the Maine Rest Stops have the new high speed Chargepoint chargers -- we've used them at the Kennebunk Service plaza.

As of this writing, you'll want to avoid the Electrify America in Scarborough, ME. Last week, they only had one working charger (only the right lead on charger 2). Apparently, the site is scheduled for a redo with EA's new charging hardware. Hence the (profane trade name) cones in this sad picture.

IMG_2289-EDIT.jpg

In downtown Portland, you'll find a nice EVGo setup at the High Street parking lot with four stations, two of which being their new 350s. With an EVGo membership, it's the cheapest DC fast charging that you'll find in Maine.

IMG_2252-EDIT.jpg

Also, if visiting downtown Portland, at the same High St lot, there are four Level 2 Chargepoint hookups that charge $2/hr. Nice downtown parking option that will also add a few miles of range for you.

If you're headed north of Brunswick, ME, your best bet will be car dealer Chargepoint stations, but below that, options certainly exist. Even a little overnight Level 1 charging can be helpul -- we did that with our Taycan at an AirBnB. I've also been lucky to find AirBNBs with 14-50 outlets.

Safe travels!
Thanks for the update, had planned Scarborough for a stop on way upta camp on Aug 4 - hope she's up and running by then.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the update, had planned Scarborough for a stop on way upta camp on Aug 4 - hope she's up and running by then.
If it isn't, I would just pop into the High Street lot EVGo. That station became our Go-to in the Portland Metro area.

If it is redone by the time you're through there, please let me know. Thanks!

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit

IMG_2289-EDIT.jpg

IMG_2252-EDIT.jpg

Safe travels!

Hell of a post, much appreciated! We're a little further north in Dover Foxcroft off of Sebec Lake, and I could probably take out the stove for a few hours to do some L2 charging if needed but can't remember if its a 30a or 50a breaker so I may have to get a 24a charger to be safe lol.

I think the concerns I had was the new DC charger installed at an Irving in Newport would be the last charging opportunity until the house, and some plans we had of going to Acadia for the day may cause a snag; but appears Bangor has some decently rated chargers at the dealerships.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hell of a post, much appreciated! We're a little further north in Dover Foxcroft off of Sebec Lake, and I could probably take out the stove for a few hours to do some L2 charging if needed but can't remember if its a 30a or 50a breaker so I may have to get a 24a charger to be safe lol.

I think the concerns I had was the new DC charger installed at an Irving in Newport would be the last charging opportunity until the house, and some plans we had of going to Acadia for the day may cause a snag; but appears Bangor has some decently rated chargers at the dealerships.
You're welcome. Those dealership Chargepoints save the day north and yonder. Safe travels!

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
No major issues! Range GOM was the biggest flaw the truck didn’t make multiple routes and would run of out battery.
Essentially, I’d go on a 200 mile stretch that the truck would say I’d make it with extra. Then as I got closer it would say “nvm” and run out of battery at about 198 highway miles. I’ve had the truck towed to chargers about 10 times.
That’s about what I would get from my truck. If I had only known it could have been lemon law’d for that…

Didn’t you learn though after the first time, why not slow down instead of having it towed 10 times?

The wiper motor thing gets me too. The most sold vehicle platform, and they let it get lemoned for a wiper motor. Someone dropped the ball.

Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
You're welcome. Those dealership Chargepoints save the day north and yonder. Safe travels!
You've inspired me.

Bought the stuff needed for the electric range outlet and a portable charger with some rewards points on amazon.

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE (sold). F150L Platinum
Read the thread, it's stated the reason for the buyback.
I did read the thread. Did you? The original owner of this exact vehicle stated that the issue he had with it was the GOM being off. The dealer probably didn't want to deal with his complaints or something and put it in the books as wipers instead of the actual issue for the return.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did read the thread. Did you? The original owner of this exact vehicle stated that the issue he had with it was the GOM being off. The dealer probably didn't want to deal with his complaints or something and put it in the books as wipers instead of the actual issue for the return.
To be clear, that would not account for a Salvage title. Something likely happened to this truck after the dealer bought it back.

I would never buy a salvage titled vehicle. Tough and expensive to insure (you wont get money if it gets totaled). If you need financing, banks don’t like to finance them. The folks who rebuild these vehicles do it on the cheap — expect problems.

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
Something is fishy here for sure. No company would allow a vehicle to be lemon law’d over a wiper motor. Selling it later will be near impossible too.

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
That’s insanely good. Independent testing of the ER model from insideevs got 270 at 70 mph, in perfect weather with no wind. C&D got 230 miles at 75 mph.

At 75-80 mph, where I did virtually all of my driving, I routinely saw 1.7-1.9 m/kwh. Low 200 miles from a 100% charge. ER lariat. Did they change the software in the last few months??
Sponsored