• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/14/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

O.L.

First Name
Joël
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach-E, 2018 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Manufacture worker
Hi, new here. Do you know how many time it usually stays in production?

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/14/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Screenshot_20230825_013251_Chrome
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Hi, new here. Do you know how many time it usually stays in production?

Screenshot_20230825_013251_Chrome.jpg
It's going to remain in "IN PRODUCTION" for an extended period while the factory completes [post expansion] production validation (EXTENDED QC), so I can't give you a solid date as to when your truck will be marked "BUILT".

That said, the normal time frame is 7-10 days delay between "In Production" and "Built", once everything settles down to a normal flow I'd expect 7 or fewer days.

O.L.

First Name
Joël
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach-E, 2018 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Manufacture worker
Thanks! Then maybe another week. Ain't that bad. I've almost waited for a year for my last Mach-E order.

scottlanger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning Lariat (In fords holding lot:)
It's going to remain in "IN PRODUCTION" for an extended period while the factory completes [post expansion] production validation (EXTENDED QC), so I can't give you a solid date as to when your truck will be marked "BUILT".

That said, the normal time frame is 7-10 days delay between "In Production" and "Built", once everything settles down to a normal flow I'd expect 7 or fewer days.
It looks like the group in 7/31 production week still has not been moved to built, do u expect this is an all hold until they have confidence in QC from plant retool (I.E. they release all vehicles once they feel confident in plant quality) or a week by week production clearance? This is getting nerve racking with the pending UAW strike

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
It looks like the group in 7/31 production week still has not been moved to built, do u expect this is an all hold until they have confidence in QC from plant retool (I.E. they release all vehicles once they feel confident in plant quality) or a week by week production clearance? This is getting nerve racking with the pending UAW strike
It's my understanding this is a QC hold, once the MoCo issues the Ok to Buy, they will start scheduling shipping.

LiFo extraction from the holding lots, trucks are packed in somewhat of an order, but in months past what got pulled to load on trailers & train cars was random, what ever is closest to the front ot the staging lanes will load first, I'll assume the trucks are roughly grouped based on departure ramps to be loaded on the appropriate conveyances

Sponsored
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2023 Ford Lightning
Long time lurker. Just joined and registered my order. Just wanted to contribute since by some stroke of luck they have activated my Ford Pass App. Friday night it was accepted and i was able to watch them drive the truck from the factory to a large parking lot just North of the factory. This morning it was moved to a different row in the same parking lot. Hopefully it gets shipped soon.

Had a blend date of 8/15/23
Tracker still says in production 8/17.

Phip ATL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Long time lurker. Just joined and registered my order. Just wanted to contribute since by some stroke of luck they have activated my Ford Pass App. Friday night it was accepted and i was able to watch them drive the truck from the factory to a large parking lot just North of the factory. This morning it was moved to a different row in the same parking lot. Hopefully it gets shipped soon.

We’ll that’s exciting news—thank you for sharing! My dates are exact same as yours so I’ll go check as well. Don’t have FordPass app so that’ll be my next challenge.

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA Sportage PHEV/2022 Aprilia Tuareg

Boy, I forgot about the potential fun with the Ford Pass App. Same thing happened with my Maverick Hybrid last year when it showed as "built." I was able to get the app to activate and could see its location in the Mexico plant as they moved it around and it sat for several weeks. They eventually reset the truck right before they loaded it on the railcar, so I was not able to track its journey by rail through the app. I was able to track it through the rail sites once I got the railcar number from my sales guy.

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2023 Ford Lightning
Well it was fun while it lasted. Just got a message that "vehicle has been removed due to a master reset in the vehicle".

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA Sportage PHEV/2022 Aprilia Tuareg
Well it was fun while it lasted. Just got a message that "vehicle has been removed due to a master reset in the vehicle".
Well, perhaps it means it is getting loaded for shipment. Is it in the "built" status yet?

Sponsored

clastevenson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(ordered) 2023 F-150 Lightning XLT ER
Finally went from lurking to posting. Had a 8/14 blend date and it now shows as in production as of 8/16 (last update was 8/18). Is there any sense of when these may be moving? I understand and can appreciate the QC hold, but you would have expected those to have been done before they keep cranking out more and more trucks (in case a systemic issue was found). At some point these starts to appear to be something more, especially since apparently built 7/31 trucks still haven’t been flipped to “built” or otherwise received definite info that their truck is on the way.

I’ve waited, and I can continue to wait, but waiting without understanding what is happening is starting to get concerning as we crawl closer to the end of the year.

scottlanger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning Lariat (In fords holding lot:)
Finally went from lurking to posting. Had a 8/14 blend date and it now shows as in production as of 8/16 (last update was 8/18). Is there any sense of when these may be moving? I understand and can appreciate the QC hold, but you would have expected those to have been done before they keep cranking out more and more trucks (in case a systemic issue was found). At some point these starts to appear to be something more, especially since apparently built 7/31 trucks still haven’t been flipped to “built” or otherwise received definite info that their truck is on the way.

I’ve waited, and I can continue to wait, but waiting without understanding what is happening is starting to get concerning as we crawl closer to the end of the year.
I am with you, my in production date is 8/9, I called Ford the other day, truck has not moved from lot yet, bu it at least had an estimated delivery date between 9/9 and 9/16. Praying that means it gets on a train before a strike. Based on reporting this morning I do not see how there is not a strike. Call tonford though doesn't shed any light as their customer service doesn't know the why, all they can do is "see" the vehicle is built and where it's sitting. I really hope ford acts with some urgency knowing the labor issue is coming, but given level of communication I doubt it

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Yeah, if my truck is delayed as a result of the strike, I will likely reject it when it arrives. Combined with the plant shutdown and restart, the UAW strike means the workers are absolutely not motivated to do their best work. Furthermore, if the truck is delayed by some weeks or months, then the tires will be absolutely ruined as a result of sitting for so long.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Built flag, don't worry about the status narrative, it should correct in a day or so.

@sdingeldein

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/14/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1693662137530

No change for @s2master @WildBlue

clastevenson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(ordered) 2023 F-150 Lightning XLT ER
Hopefully shipping info comes out quickly. My dealer claims they no only as much as we see (contrary to what others are hearing)
Sponsored