• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/31/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

aj1117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
SunRun called me yesterday to confirm that they received my escalation request for priority shipping of the FCSP once the "Sold" status is triggered by my dealership. An email follow up was also sent and contact information for SunRun was included. I plan to call SunRun once I take delivery.
Nice! How did you submit an escalation request?
Sponsored

VictorM

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Experiential Knowledge Griot
Nice! How did you submit an escalation request?
I called to try and get my CSP shipped early. That’s their term for registering a customer concern. I’m just happy they have my info and called me back.

danelawson42

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT w/ build week 8/21
Occupation
ER Nurse
Anyone who wants to retweet Jim Farley about the delay, here is the question I posed on Twitter/X. I never even use that platform, but figured if enough people retweet it at him he just might answer.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ

DolfoMan

First Name
Dolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT Extended Range
Occupation
Teacher
I still have this weird status where I got the email that says my truck was built, my “check order status” no longer has the green check Mark next to build but still has a built date of 9/01 listed, and my member profile says my truck is built with an ETA of this week. But no check mark on shipped yet. Anyone seeing something similar?

Sponsored

scottlanger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning Lariat (In fords holding lot:)
Check out the posts I quoted in this reply: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...software-updates-using-fdrs.11029/post-335816

Maybe grasping at straws here, but I feel a glimmer of hope we might see some trucks shipping out soon.
Again the frustration is just tell us what's going on Ford, thanks for the info, they still at this point are not leaving lot before potential strike. If this is the reason for hold why not at least send them to dealer with stop sale so they don't get trapped by the strike. Looks like UAW may target individual plants rather than entire company. Hoping I am wrong but given shear economic impact of F150 rouge plant would seem like a likely target

VictorM

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Experiential Knowledge Griot
I still have this weird status where I got the email that says my truck was built, my “check order status” no longer has the green check Mark next to build but still has a built date of 9/01 listed, and my member profile says my truck is built with an ETA of this week. But no check mark on shipped yet. Anyone seeing something similar?
I am in the exact situation. The last comm I received was the text attached.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/31/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) IMG_4876

DolfoMan

First Name
Dolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
I am in the exact situation. The last comm I received was the text attached.

IMG_4876.jpeg
Fun. I texted them earlier today and they couldn’t even tell me that. I can’t imagine it’s that hard to give a real update about what’s happening. Even my dealership is having to go through back channels to try and find out.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
I know some people like Count Orlok on the 8/7 build week thread are seeing similar weirdness.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Read this thread, it explains why there is a hold on marking trucks built.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/csp-23b57-for-high-voltage-battery-notice.16683/
Damn, TLDR for the people that don't want to go through it, there are some trucks with a bad module, but that module needs reprogramming on all trucks. The dealers can patch the software in about 45 min, but if it requires the hardware swap, 13 hours+. Will be in an OTA in Q4.

I sincerely hope they aren't going to keep these trucks parked for another month or more waiting to OTA, but that's probably cheaper than getting techs out in the parking lot to manually update 10k-ish trucks.

DolfoMan

First Name
Dolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Damn, TLDR for the people that don't want to go through it, there are some trucks with a bad module, but that module needs reprogramming on all trucks. The dealers can patch the software in about 45 min, but if it requires the hardware swap, 13 hours+. Will be in an OTA in Q4.

I sincerely hope they aren't going to keep these trucks parked for another month or more waiting to OTA, but that's probably cheaper than getting techs out in the parking lot to manually update 10k-ish trucks.
But is this a recall notice for trucks built in 2023? Makes me think it’s the battery fix they came up with after the fire earlier in the year. Or did that recall already happen?

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
But is this a recall notice for trucks built in 2023? Makes me think it’s the battery fix they came up with after the fire earlier in the year. Or did that recall already happen?
Don't know about that recall, but one of the other guys ran my VIN through FDRS and the update is pending for my truck, so it seems to me that this is additional as it didn't come off the line with it installed. Based on some other reading I think the current update is related to the "Stop Safely Now" messages.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
Read this thread, it explains why there is a hold on marking trucks built.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/csp-23b57-for-high-voltage-battery-notice.16683/
I am on the CSP - but I have been told from Ford that the CSP will will be handled at the dealership and not at the Plant. From what I was told this CSP was not holding up transit, No such info was provided to the customer facing reps. Not saying that its not the reason just what I heard.
Sponsored