• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/31/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

DolfoMan

First Name
Dolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT Extended Range
Occupation
Teacher
Took Delivery today, still absorbing the idea that it's finally here.

So glad I went with the XLT, the smaller screen is much better laid out.
Good to hear! The bigger screen on that new flash model is making me a little envious. I've got an XLT ER floating around somewhere out there....

VictorM

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Experiential Knowledge Griot
I’ve spent ~three hours so far walking through all the settings. Installed a couple mods (Dashcam + tailgate badge) and scheduled window tint and leveling kit for next week. using 1-pedal for most driving and Sport Mode is fun. I pressured my dealer for delivery once they figured out how to reduce the sale price so the dealer prep was not detailed. The truck must have been stored near trees in the lot at Rouge because nature’s debris was found in all the nooks and crannies.

I spoke with Sun Run yesterday and they said my FCSP was sitting on the dock waiting for FedEx to pick up. Without changing my driving habits I plan to try and wait for my first charge to be at home.

DolfoMan

First Name
Dolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Oh I guess I can add that in all back and fourths with still no delivery, I did receive my pro charger from sun run this past Wednesday….

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Fusion, 2023 Lightning XLT-ER
Good to hear! The bigger screen on that new flash model is making me a little envious. I've got an XLT ER floating around somewhere out there....
I test-drove a lariat before ordering, and all I could think the whole time I was playing with the big screen, was how much of the user interface is just wasted space. It's also slower to respond than the smaller screen.

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Took Delivery today, still absorbing the idea that it's finally here.

So glad I went with the XLT, the smaller screen is much better laid out.
Were you able to get any sort of deal considering the discount on the Lariat brings it almost down to the XLT price? Or are the dealers still not willing to budge on prices?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Fusion, 2023 Lightning XLT-ER
Were you able to get any sort of deal considering the discount on the Lariat brings it almost down to the XLT price? Or are the dealers still not willing to budge on prices?
There's a $1500 rebate available for the XLT. Doesn't totally offset the lack of that 3.9% financing rate that expired while my truck sat in Detroit... but it offsets about half of it.

Honestly; I don't like leather seats, I don't like moonroofs (just a leak failure point waiting to happen), Don't like the big screen and it's laggy interface. Don't need the rear window vent, don't need heated rear seats, probably missing some other things but you get the point. Definitely never paying a subscription for bluecruise, so why buy the hardware?

I wouldn't buy a lariat even if the cost was the same. I'd consider it if it was significantly cheaper though. Only thing I wanted from the lariat trim is the Homelink buttons, and that's something I can add aftermarket.

Last edited:

VictorM

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Experiential Knowledge Griot
Oh I guess I can add that in all back and fourths with still no delivery, I did receive my pro charger from sun run this past Wednesday….
And I have yet to receive mine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
IMG_5656.jpeg
Lord have mercy she’s here! Picking it up this afternoon…..after they give it a nice wash
There must be a time-warp and severely effd up ford database, but the time line shows symptoms of a local convoy delivery, yet this truck had to go by rail, but even if it were a hot shot single run, it would NOT happen in the same day!!!!!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/31/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1697223219937

DolfoMan

First Name
Dolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
There must be a time-warp and severely effd up ford database, but the time line shows symptoms of a local convoy delivery, yet this truck had to go by rail, but even if it were a hot shot single run, it would NOT happen in the same day!!!!!

1697223219937.png
Yea my whole tracking process was a complete mess. For awhile I thought they might have messed something up with the vin. But it’s finally here, I’m glad to be able to move past this hurdle.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

1697223219937.png
There is NO WAY this left the Rouge on the 13th and delivered the same day, hence some one at the factory is not checking the trucks SHIPPED status upon departure, there could be more "BUILT" trucks in transit than we think!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/31/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1697283907065
Sponsored