Sponsored

Ford service on these recalls/customer programs is absolutely atrocious.

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I went in early this morning to my Concord, NH Ford dealer for the new dash mat and battery control module updates on my ‘22 Lariat ER. Having read on the Lightning forums about the horror stories some owners have with these updates, I was more than a little apprehensive about taking it in. I checked in at 7:30 prepared for a long wait and possibly having to put in call for a ride home if they were going to have to keep the truck overnight.

An hour later the service representative came over, handed me the keys back and said “All set”. The work was done and the update was successful. I drove home without incident.

I suspect the real reason for the horror stories is inadequate training of the service technicians, and not because of flaws in the trucks themselves or with Ford. The dealers have to have good service people. Fortunately mine are!
Sponsored

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
I went in early this morning to my Concord, NH Ford dealer for the new dash mat and battery control module updates on my ‘22 Lariat ER. Having read on the Lightning forums about the horror stories some owners have with these updates, I was more than a little apprehensive about taking it in. I checked in at 7:30 prepared for a long wait and possibly having to put in call for a ride home if they were going to have to keep the truck overnight.

An hour later the service representative came over, handed me the keys back and said “All set”. The work was done and the update was successful. I drove home without incident.

I suspect the real reason for the horror stories is inadequate training of the service technicians, and not because of flaws in the trucks themselves or with Ford. The dealers have to have good service people. Fortunately mine are!
The battery CSP was just a scan for you/dash mat is super easy - so super-fast service overall - some needed a battery module replaced - so they had days to wait on parts & service + multiple recalls/CSPs needed have been endured by many - 5 total here/1 pending - part backorder.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
So the CSP was not an actual software update? They said they would do it via OTA if you didn't bring it in. In my experience all OTA updates were software updates. I didn't get any notification of an software update after my service. I did get a call at the end of the day telling me they were done and the battery module inspection went fine. Perhaps a miscommunication in the original letter. I did ask when I received two follow up "How'd we do" emails. No reply.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
So the CSP was not an actual software update? They said they would do it via OTA if you didn't bring it in. In my experience all OTA updates were software updates. I didn't get any notification of an software update after my service. I did get a call at the end of the day telling me they were done and the battery module inspection went fine. Perhaps a miscommunication in the original letter. I did ask when I received two follow up "How'd we do" emails. No reply.
Part of 23B57 is an update of the BECM software.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Wonder why I got no confirm app message saying they installed and update. Really makes me wonder if they actually did anything. Oh and I never got a service invoice indicating they did anything. Just returned the truck and said they’d email it. Nothing more than a week later. Calling them shortly.

Sponsored

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR

Grappone or Irwin? My last experience with the dealer in Nashua where I bought my truck was less than productive. The one in Manchester is terrible, so I'm trying to decide where to take mine to have similar service done. Thanks.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Wonder why I got no confirm app message saying they installed and update. Really makes me wonder if they actually did anything. Oh and I never got a service invoice indicating they did anything. Just returned the truck and said they’d email it. Nothing more than a week later. Calling them shortly.
You only get messages for OTA, and even the, it’s not 100%. The dealer should provide a copy of the work ticket.

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
Another flaw in the Ford system - had to wait on my paperwork also & it wasn't clear so had to email for clarification + the online account is still showing the lightbar recall/1 CSP incomplete that the invoice claimed were finished.

Reactions: cal

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Grappone or Irwin? My last experience with the dealer in Nashua where I bought my truck was less than productive. The one in Manchester is terrible, so I'm trying to decide where to take mine to have similar service done. Thanks.
Grappone. Irwin is another 30 miles north in Laconia. I have no experience with Irwin’s service department.

OP
OP

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Update on my current status. It's been almost 2 weeks since I originally called Ford and they escalated with the dealer. 6+ish weeks since I originally started with the dealer.

Since then they still have not gotten either the light bar or the steering wheel heater part from Ford. I see people on the forums getting these parts in less than a week and supposedly mine have been on order for like 4-6 weeks.

They can't do my 23B57 which is the high voltage battery module update for whatever reason - it shows in the app but they're saying Ford is blocking them on that one.

And now today I have a new one 23B50 for the stuck charging cord that we haven't seen before which looks like software also.

So no parts, no software. This is an absolute shit show. Meanwhile my reverse lights don't work half the time and we're going into winter with no heated steering wheel on a $90K truck.

[edit] I decided to email Jim Farley's executive office and request an escalation

Last edited:

Sponsored

johnnyonetime

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Tomorrow morning I have a service appointment at Mullinax Ford in New Smyrna Beach, FL to address the CSP 23B57, dash mat and recall on the light bar. I called a couple weeks ago to set this up and could have gotten in earlier but a loner was not available until tomorrow. Service advisor said to call this afternoon to confirm and a Bronco Sport will be available.
I am apprehensive about the BCEM software update after reading all of the horror stories but we’ll see what happens. Dealer said they will look at the light bar and decide a path forward because they don’t have the parts. Service advisor does the dash mat himself.
I recently installed the Ohmmu 12 volt battery to improve reliability and maintain SOC above 80% after struggling with OTA’s for months. Hopefully this will expedite the process.
This is the first visit to the dealer, truck just over a year old 20.9k miles. Quick Lane has been doing tire rotation and inspection every 5k.

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
Tomorrow morning I have a service appointment at Mullinax Ford in New Smyrna Beach, FL to address the CSP 23B57, dash mat and recall on the light bar. I called a couple weeks ago to set this up and could have gotten in earlier but a loner was not available until tomorrow. Service advisor said to call this afternoon to confirm and a Bronco Sport will be available.
I am apprehensive about the BCEM software update after reading all of the horror stories but we’ll see what happens. Dealer said they will look at the light bar and decide a path forward because they don’t have the parts. Service advisor does the dash mat himself.
I recently installed the Ohmmu 12 volt battery to improve reliability and maintain SOC above 80% after struggling with OTA’s for months. Hopefully this will expedite the process.
This is the first visit to the dealer, truck just over a year old 20.9k miles. Quick Lane has been doing tire rotation and inspection every 5k.
Lightbar is a mandatory FMC recall replace - so you paid for a new 12-volt battery/how does that affect the warranty & you pay for Quick Lane - is that warranty compliant you hope?

johnnyonetime

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Lightbar is a mandatory FMC recall replace - so you paid for a new 12-volt battery/how does that affect the warranty & you pay for Quick Lane - is that warranty compliant you hope?
Quick Lane is affiliated with Ford and is adjacent to the dealership. They charge $20 for tire rotation and inspection or redeem FordPass rewards and it’s free. Also, service records are automatically uploaded to my FordPass account.
My light bar is working just fine with no condensation. They special ordered the replacement which should arrive in 3-4 weeks. It’s my understanding that some of the replacements were defective as well, resulting in further delays.
CSP 23B57 results: Code P0B24 not present and performed BECM software update!
New dash mat installed and holds sunglasses nicely 😎.
Service advisor thought the new battery with phone app/bluetooth connectivity was cool. He also concurred that OEM 12v battery is hard to find. No mention of warranty issues. Ohmmu battery can be configured for F150 Lightning in the app and I believe eliminates all the issues related to low 12volt SOC.
Very happy with the results this morning. I dropped off my truck at 8:20, signed for the loaner and drove 20 miles home. Picked up my wife and went out for breakfast. At 10:30 on the way home I received a call that my truck is ready.
Lightning home at 12:15 with no problems. 5 ⭐ performance by Mullinax Ford in New Smyrna Beach, FL
BTW, Bronco Sport adequate as transportation this morning.