Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Got mine, thanks!

just for curiosity…my order number is a bunch of 0’s and then “201”

curious what you guys are seeing in the email confirmation. If I’m truly 201….guessing they have enough to get it to me in the first shipments I would think?
My last 3 digits "028"

Hmmmmmmm..... look familiar?
Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 1709295113037
Sponsored

Budshark

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Got mine, thanks!

just for curiosity…my order number is a bunch of 0’s and then “201”

curious what you guys are seeing in the email confirmation. If I’m truly 201….guessing they have enough to get it to me in the first shipments I would think?
I’m 1 less 0 and 22XX and I have May. Then there’s thousands of people before June and other months show up. So they have less than 2000 orders committed to April. So they are being either very conservative and there will be lots of happy folks a month or two early or they are shipping that first batch very late April.

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
I got the OTA update in the truck, and updated the Tesla app and FordPass yesterday. Plug & Charge is on.

Went to my local Supercharger last night with my A2Z adapter, plugged in, and got “Plugged in and not charging” in FordPass.

Double checked the adapter, fired up the Tesla app, picked the station number, and it fired right up. Don’t know if I needed to wait a bit longer for Plug & Charge, but it worked.

The only unusual thing about the experience (aside from easing the front bumper right up to the charging pedestal) was the lack of interest from other drivers. I don’t DC charge all that often, but there has always been a little chat between drivers, asking questions about different vehicles or charging experiences. Showed off the frunk more than once. This Supercharger station was mostly full, and a couple of cars came and went while I was there. None of the Tesla drivers were interested in the pickup truck that was plugging in and charging (and restricting access to the next pedestal). I guess the novelty has worn off.

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I received my Lightning a whole year earlier than I expected based on where I thought I was in the reservation line. Here’s crossing our fingers that Ford figures out how to get there adapters out much quicker.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
...yep, it's on it's way...

Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 Screenshot 2024-03-01 8.58.48 AM

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I got the OTA update in the truck, and updated the Tesla app and FordPass yesterday. Plug & Charge is on.

Went to my local Supercharger last night with my A2Z adapter, plugged in, and got “Plugged in and not charging” in FordPass.

Double checked the adapter, fired up the Tesla app, picked the station number, and it fired right up. Don’t know if I needed to wait a bit longer for Plug & Charge, but it worked.

The only unusual thing about the experience (aside from easing the front bumper right up to the charging pedestal) was the lack of interest from other drivers. I don’t DC charge all that often, but there has always been a little chat between drivers, asking questions about different vehicles or charging experiences. Showed off the frunk more than once. This Supercharger station was mostly full, and a couple of cars came and went while I was there. None of the Tesla drivers were interested in the pickup truck that was plugging in and charging (and restricting access to the next pedestal). I guess the novelty has worn off.
Tesla drivers are like The Borg from Star Trek. They will ignore you as long as they think you are not a threat. As soon as you disrupt their natural order, they will attack and assimilate you.

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I figured that between the cold weather, the time of day (evening commute) and the fact that nobody had to wait for my spots, maybe it wasn’t that odd. Made me wonder, though, wat the communication has been to Tesla drivers about others using the SC network.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I figured that between the cold weather, the time of day (evening commute) and the fact that nobody had to wait for my spots, maybe it wasn’t that odd. Made me wonder, though, wat the communication has been to Tesla drivers about others using the SC network.
They know. Believe me they know. They believe the world is about to end and we are all coming for their chargers.

bmw325_num99

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Did you check that it was one of the NACS-enabled chargers? Most are of course but worth a check since yours didnt work.

Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 1709303410500

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
I’m a little pissed off I don’t use Facebook or X so I never saw the press release from Jim Farley and because the news was released early all of you on the east coast got a jump on all of us on the west coast. I placed my order at about 10:00 AM PT and I’m #18022, looking at a June delivery date. I guess the east coast Tesla owners will feel the flood of Ford owners before all the west coast Tesla owners.
Someone posted it to Lighting sub on Reddit early in the morning and I just happened to see that as it happened. so I jumped into the Fordpass app to order as soon as I saw that. Ended up with order #936, shipping by April it says. Not sure where it got reported first, not here... heh.

I don't know how people first found it other than randomly obsessed people checking the app in case it does.

Ford should have made the FordPass app push a notification to everyone that the adapter is available to order.

Sponsored

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you check that it was one of the NACS-enabled chargers? Most are of course but worth a check since yours didnt work.
It was, and it worked fine after I started the session with the Tesla app.

bmw325_num99

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
It was, and it worked fine after I started the session with the Tesla app.
OH yeah, sorry, somehow I missed that next paragraph. My eyes went right to the Tesla users and their disinterest.

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
Just checked my order and it is saying May delivery

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
So this is the official adapter for nacs to ccs1 (DCFC) is there an OFFICIAL adapter for nacs to j1772(Tesla destination chargers)?
Sponsored