• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Medicine
I have a 23 Pro ER Max Tow without any other packages or these 4 wires on the driver side. Is there any advantage to running the 4 wires from driver to passenger side and then to the grill as opposed to directly from the driver side to the grill? If I decided to add the 360 cameras or another retrofit in the future is there an advantage to having done the wiring to the passenger side connector vs direct?
Sponsored

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro and 2012 Expedition Fleet
I have a 23 Pro ER Max Tow without any other packages or these 4 wires on the driver side. Is there any advantage to running the 4 wires from driver to passenger side and then to the grill as opposed to directly from the driver side to the grill? If I decided to add the 360 cameras or another retrofit in the future is there an advantage to having done the wiring to the passenger side connector vs direct?
I don’t think adding the 360 cameras is an aftermarket option I think it requires a ton of extra work. Your best bet is to go from the IPMA connector on the drivers side to the cruise control module. There’s no reason to do it any other way.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
No,, if you don't have the wires from the IMPA to C265 then definitely make a straight shot from the IMPA to the CCM. For those that go this route I would locate a Deutsch style 4 pin connector in a very obvious spot with the main bumper connecter so the bumper can be removed easily by someone in the future with no knowledge of the mod.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/263238890348

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Chevy Volt, 2023 F150 Lightning Pro
No,, if you don't have the wires from the IMPA to C265 then definitely make a straight shot from the IMPA to the CCM. For those that go this route I would locate a Deutsch style 4 pin connector in a very obvious spot with the main bumper connecter so the bumper can be removed easily by someone in the future with no knowledge of the mod.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/263238890348
Would it be hard otherwise to remove the bumper? Can't the connector at the CCM be easily unplugged for this purpose? I might then get this Deutsch connector for my mod (also routing straight from IPMA to CCM). Thanks!

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Would it be hard otherwise to remove the bumper? Can't the connector at the CCM be easily unplugged for this purpose? I might then get this Deutsch connector for my mod (also routing straight from IPMA to CCM). Thanks!
Well, yea, it would be, the problem with the bumper is it's big, awkward, heavy, if you don't have all the plugs unplugged when you finally get all the bolts out it could be bad. And the CCM is in a tight pocket with metal supports and stuff all around it,, I'm not sure if the connector could easily fit through to come loose 100% the let the bumper free. Maybe someone who's done it more recently can comment if the CCM plug can fit through a slot easy enough to get free from the bumper before removing the bumper. You'd certainly have to know that ahead of time if you were a mechanic.

Sponsored

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I see. Thanks for the tip!

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, yea, it would be, the problem with the bumper is it's big, awkward, heavy, if you don't have all the plugs unplugged when you finally get all the bolts out it could be bad. And the CCM is in a tight pocket with metal supports and stuff all around it,, I'm not sure if the connector could easily fit through to come loose 100% the let the bumper free. Maybe someone who's done it more recently can comment if the CCM plug can fit through a slot easy enough to get free from the bumper before removing the bumper. You'd certainly have to know that ahead of time if you were a mechanic.

The CCM plug does not fit through the bracket slot. I mean I guess it would if you yanked hard enough but that would be bad. Adding an inline connector would be great.

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Added the switch. Bought it off eBay, from China, plugged it in, changed the value in forscan and it works great! Previously it was locked in at the 3rd distance and and now there’s 4 different distances to choose from. This whole mod of adding the ACC and everything with it has been awesome. 10/10 would do it again.

Ford F-150 Lightning DIY: Installing ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) and LKA (Lane Keep Alert) to 2022 F-150 Lightning XLT IMG_5582

Sponsored

rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Added the switch. Bought it off eBay, from China, plugged it in, changed the value in forscan and it works great! Previously it was locked in at the 3rd distance and and now there’s 4 different distances to choose from. This whole mod of adding the ACC and everything with it has been awesome. 10/10 would do it again.

IMG_5582.png
So you just bought the two small buttons to replace the original Lane-keep button? What did you look for on eBay?
I'm also curious, once this is all working, can you still have regular cruise control, or is ACC the only option? And can you enable lane centering independently of ACC?
Thanks! I have most of my parts in. Plan to do this the week after next!

Azgunguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So you just bought the two small buttons to replace the original Lane-keep button? What did you look for on eBay?
I'm also curious, once this is all working, can you still have regular cruise control, or is ACC the only option? And can you enable lane centering independently of ACC?
Thanks! I have most of my parts in. Plan to do this the week after next!
I bought the whole left side button cluster. Just plug it in and edit forscan. PN: ML3T-9E740-DCW

You can have regular cruise but you have to shut it off on your center screen I THINK. I haven’t found another way.

I don’t know about the lane centering being independent. I have a 150mi round trip tomorrow, I’ll tinker with it.

Reactions: rio

Pmoke

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT SR 311A
Anyone successfully disconnect C265 without breaking it? Any tips?

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Anyone successfully disconnect C265 without breaking it? Any tips?
Yes, please, I wanna see this. Someone get their son or wife with tiny hands to figure this out and post a good video and I'll buy you a dinner.

But, rest assured that particular connector is never coming apart in the situation it's in. If you break the tab, don't worry about it, move on.