Sponsored

Audio drop outs while using android auto.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Good day everyone!

I've been having a problem with random audio dropouts ever since the last update in november/December. While listening to Spotify, the audio would just cut out seemingly randomly and some days would be more frequent than others. The only way to get audio back was to disconnect and reconnect AA. I tried everything on the phone end and sync end that I could but no luck fixing the problem. Today was really bad, dropping audio every track almost. I installed carstream on my phone and it too had audio dropouts.

After several weeks I figured that the dropout frequency was corresponding to times of the day when network traffic might be higher. My idea was to turn off connected services in the truck. Well, wouldn't you know it, after I turned off connected services today, the audio dropouts stopped completely.
Problem solved! But I don't have connected services enabled which is not how the truck is supposed to work.
I mentioned this problem to the dealer at my last service but they had no idea and thought maybe another update would fix it. I will be calling them next week with my temporary solution and escalating the connectivity problem with Ford.
I haven't heard of anyone else with this issue, if you have had similar problems, please chime in.

Tldr; audio dropouts fixed by turning off connected services.

Mods: I was unsure which category to post in, please move as you see fit.
Sponsored

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
This seems to be different than the Carplay disconnects. Those happen at specific areas where there seems to radio interference of some sort. Its always the same location.

Vito

First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning F150 Lariat ER
Good day everyone!

I've been having a problem with random audio dropouts ever since the last update in november/December. While listening to Spotify, the audio would just cut out seemingly randomly and some days would be more frequent than others. The only way to get audio back was to disconnect and reconnect AA. I tried everything on the phone end and sync end that I could but no luck fixing the problem. Today was really bad, dropping audio every track almost. I installed carstream on my phone and it too had audio dropouts.

After several weeks I figured that the dropout frequency was corresponding to times of the day when network traffic might be higher. My idea was to turn off connected services in the truck. Well, wouldn't you know it, after I turned off connected services today, the audio dropouts stopped completely.
Problem solved! But I don't have connected services enabled which is not how the truck is supposed to work.
I mentioned this problem to the dealer at my last service but they had no idea and thought maybe another update would fix it. I will be calling them next week with my temporary solution and escalating the connectivity problem with Ford.
I haven't heard of anyone else with this issue, if you have had similar problems, please chime in.

Tldr; audio dropouts fixed by turning off connected services.

Mods: I was unsure which category to post in, please move as you see fit.
Hi there, when you lose your AA audio stream do you also lose AA Google Maps display as well? There are a ton of Lightning owners, including me, that are having AA disconnections which are often/random/and persistent and no resolution in sight from Ford. My Samsung S23Ultra connects flawlessly at first without any issues but it NEVER can stay connected for more than anywhere 5-30 minutes, I am constantly unpairing/pairing the phone to the truck, I've factory reset my phone, wiped cache in AA and the phone, and on and on, but no luck so far, which is infuriating since I depend on AA for nearly everything...com on @Ford Motor Company , help the thousands of Lightning owners who use AA and need this to be resolved at some point....oh, btw, the dealer are clueless about AA and nearly ALL aspects of F150 Lightning...sad

Last edited:
OP
OP

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
do you also lose AA Google Maps display as well?
Not sure, I'm usually on Waze if anything.
The problem still persists from time to time and I haven't found a solid fix. I have to use the USB for AA as if I connect via WiFi my Spotify thinks it's offline.
It could be my phone, it could be AA, it could be Ford, I'm not changing either anytime soon so my fix is just unplug/plug the USB on the truck side.

Vito

First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning F150 Lariat ER
Not sure, I'm usually on Waze if anything.
The problem still persists from time to time and I haven't found a solid fix. I have to use the USB for AA as if I connect via WiFi my Spotify thinks it's offline.
It could be my phone, it could be AA, it could be Ford, I'm not changing either anytime soon so my fix is just unplug/plug the USB on the truck side.
Yup, it's the same disconnection issue that so many have been having for over a year, Ford's Bluetooth module keeps having kernel panics when connected to AA, but after dropping AA the Bluetooth connection for audio and calls remains intact, which is proof that it has nothing to do with the phone or AA. Ford's Sync4A is based on Debian Linux, which explains the wireless connectivity issues.....Ford should transition to Android Automotive operating system and that would resolve this issue and maintain Apple Car play functionality as well....until then no AA with Google Maps on a $70K+ truck that advertised WIRELESS AA 😞

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER
I got the same issue with CarPlay. Pandora just stops playing and can’t get it to work without restarting the truck
Sponsored