• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

One Pedal drive toggle option disappeared from screen

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
yes, I consider SPORT mode maybe 'level 2' of Regeneration - NORMAL mode has only a slight 'level 1', and TOW/HAUL is 'Level 3'... while 'one-pedal' and 'Off-Road' are basically SEVERE 'Max regen'...
Sponsored

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
I demo'd one pedal to my son over the weekend. Turned it on and then turned it off. XLT SR. I got the 3.5.2 update on 9/8 so it was already there. I got the 3.4 update about the same time I bought my Lightning a month ago.

Reactions: GDN

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
yes, I consider SPORT mode maybe 'level 2' of Regeneration - NORMAL mode has only a slight 'level 1', and TOW/HAUL is 'Level 3'... while 'one-pedal' and 'Off-Road' are basically SEVERE 'Max regen'...
Eh - from my test drive, I wish that one pedal drive gave more regen authority. IMO, in one pedal mode if you foot is off the accelerator it should be at the maximum regen the system is capable of. That way you only need to hit the brake pedal if you need the friction brakes. If you want to slow down easier, just don't come all of the way off the accelerator.

But that is just my opinion and we all have different ones. Since it is all software, I would love a user adjustable level of regen but I don't know of any company doing that.

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
1PD is present but can not tell if any changes occurred with 3.5.2.

Still very aggressive regen using 1PD.
Terrible heavy regen for urban use and reversing.

Turned off 1PD and using Sport mode instead.

@Ford Motor Company needs to tune the 1PD regen better - it's way too harsh for me.
Personally...I think it's perfect, city and freeway driving. Reminds me of driving a manual and timing your coast to come to a perfect stop without needing more gas or brake input.

A nice update would be for some ability to fine tune to ones individual preference.

Gasdz

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY, Tesla MX, Jeep Wagoneer, F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Healthcare
Compared to my Tesla, 1PD is lackluster. I am probably too used to the MY, but it really truly is 1PD in the MY. I have to apply the brakes far more often than I’d like to in the 150. Curious what longevity these 6000 lb trucks get from brakes and tires!

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Yes, nice way of stating regen levels.

I come from years of PHEV driving where regen is very light and you can paddle shift to higher regen (4 stages).

So the Ford 1PD is opposite of my learned muscle memory - too harsh for me and where I drive - bumper to bumper city driving 95% of the time.

Sport mode is a great alternative and I can get used to that much smoother. Just wish 1PD would be programmable - including reverse because I never had regen on reverse and Ford's 1PD in reverse is awful.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Well - after prompting by a Ford insider, I've confirmed my disappearing option for 1PD is because I made some changes with Forscan. I don't know which ones yet, but I restored a couple of modules to their original configuration and it came back. I put my changes back in and it disappeared again.

So it was on me. I'll check in with the Forscan folks and confirm I didn't do something wrong or that changing some of the options I changed also caused this odd behavior.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Note - this is an old thread I'm updating just for tracking and to see if the same ever happens to anyone else. Note this is likely something I did and you shouldn't be worried that the same might happen to your screen. It is just a caution when using Forscan or any tool to update your truck.

My 1 Pedal drive never returned. It had to be a bit I flipped in Forscan that I could never trace back in '22. At that time I restored all of my backup files and it came back, duplicated the 3 or 4 Forscan changes many others in this forum made and my 1 pedal disappeared again. So I've just left it like that.

Today Power-UP 6.3.0 made a change to that screen and added "Auto Hold". I hoped my 1 Pedal would come back, but it didn't. I like the feature, so nothing is lost, but I thought an update might bring it back some day.

This is my latest update.
Ford F-150 Lightning One Pedal drive toggle option disappeared from screen IMG_5217

Last edited:
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Well I now have my "One Pedal Drive" screen option back.

Turns out I didn't fat finger a bit in Forscan, but it is because I had made changes to turn on Cameras At Speed which our trucks already have. One of the bits which I thought was turning Cameras on, actually turned off my option to have "One Pedal Drive" displayed on the screen.

I fired up Forscan this afternoon and used it in GUI mode which isn't the preferred mode. I made a backup of my APIM settings. Opened the APIM area and the first option is to "Enable" One Pedal Drive. I made the change to enable and saved it then cycled the ignition and my setting was back. I made another backup of the settings, compared the two and the bit it flipped back was one I had made for the cameras at speed.

So after a year - my mistake is corrected.
Ford F-150 Lightning One Pedal drive toggle option disappeared from screen IMG_5222

H3IMDALL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Boxster GTS, Porsche Panamera Turbo
Occupation
Software Architect
Good to know. Wish it was a slider so they could stop messing with it. I had noticed they nerfed it recently, which defeats the purpose.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Well I now have my "One Pedal Drive" screen option back.

Turns out I didn't fat finger a bit in Forscan, but it is because I had made changes to turn on Cameras At Speed which our trucks already have. One of the bits which I thought was turning Cameras on, actually turned off my option to have "One Pedal Drive" displayed on the screen.

I fired up Forscan this afternoon and used it in GUI mode which isn't the preferred mode. I made a backup of my APIM settings. Opened the APIM area and the first option is to "Enable" One Pedal Drive. I made the change to enable and saved it then cycled the ignition and my setting was back. I made another backup of the settings, compared the two and the bit it flipped back was one I had made for the cameras at speed.

So after a year - my mistake is corrected.
IMG_5222.jpeg
Did you ever find a way to have 1PD and Cameras at Speed both enabled?

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Did you ever find a way to have 1PD and Cameras at Speed both enabled?
No - I can confirm that indeed the change for Cameras at Speed wipes it out. We tried on @LUXMAN 's truck and 1 Pedal disappeared immediately. The changes are not compatible.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
No - I can confirm that indeed the change for Cameras at Speed wipes it out. We tried on @LUXMAN 's truck and 1 Pedal disappeared immediately. The changes are not compatible.
Thank you, I had the same issue. 1PD > Cameras at Speed, IMO.

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
On newer trucks, that setting wipes out the ENTIRE control menu. Ask me how I know? ;)

AIPM needed non as-built config as I thought I had the factory config and didn't.. *cough*

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I was able to enable both Camera at Speed and 1PD. The trick is to enable it in Forscan using the regular mode, not asBuilt.
Sponsored