Sponsored

Soft paint ?

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Does anyone know if the trucks have a particularly soft paint?
Or, is the doors painted separately and staged in some kind of rack for transportation?

Reason for asking is that I was washing my truck and doing some detailing when I noticed that the corners / transitions on the doors was scuffed. (See picture)

It's both front and rear and both sides, not noticeable from a distance (which is why I didnt notice it before) but once you've seen it you can't unsee it.

Initially I thought I did it myself, sponges drying or what not, but I have the exact same tools and exact same methods (prewash, foam soak, rinse, hand wash with dedicated rinse bucket) as I do with the wife's car [edit for clarification, she drives a BMW] and it shows nothing.

Ford F-150 Lightning Soft paint ? 20240414_154315
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Doors are painted on the truck and never removed after. ICE truck doors are removed in the Final building to kit them out, ours aren't.

OP
OP

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Doors are painted on the truck and never removed after. ICE truck doors are removed in the Final building to kit them out, ours aren't.
Hmmm... then that's not the explanation either, weird...
Good thing is that it looks like it'll come out quite easily so I'll just keep an eye on it and see if it comes back in which case I am doing something wrong.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Maybe the dealership detailers did it?
Sponsored