Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
I see on social media that Rivian owners are starting to receive their adapters. Still surpised more ford owners didnt get theirs before the other automakers started to ship.
Sponsored

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
I'll have to DISAGREE wholeheartedly ... I Absolutely LOVE this machine, and have NO ISSUES whatsoever with the vehicle, the company that built it, or the software... whether 'updated' or not...
or whether some somehow 'know' that Ford no longer 'cares' about the Lightning...

I may come from 'old school', but I don't get the 'updating' of software as some 'requirement' of any vehicle manufacturer - it's simply a BONUS if they do, but nothing to prohibit anyone from enjoying the truck 'as is', if not... 42,000 miles and another 300+ miles just yesterday to ORLANDO...
this machine is a WORK OF ART.

I drive it because I WANT to drive it - I don't care what others do.

I really don't care what Ford deals with, or whether they 'keep' making any type of vehicle, whether EV or not - that's THEIR business to decide... but I'll also throw my 2 cents into the conversation: Ford is not under any type of 'requirement' to listen to anyone. Fine if they do. Fine if they don't.

Also, the idea that Ford is somehow 'not' going to continue making EVs because of some ridiculous announcement by the press that 'EVs are losing money for all manufactures'... is also ridiculous - EVs are not cheap to build, and will never be the 'pie in the sky' answer to 'green' transportation, as some would suggest - they are simply just ANOTHER power option to move a human.
Ford already knows that they would have to make a HUGE investment in new technology, industry build-out, and inventory parts to build this 'new' type of vehicle. Using the financial Capital Startup outlay to compare to how much each 'EV' is 'losing' them is, well, absurd - this is all part of ANY business. It's a VERY LONG TERM business plan. And, Ford WILL be one of the survivors because they have the HUGE legacy vehicle models to build from. The gas and diesel vehicle is not going away anytime soon, no matter what politically-swayed voters suggest. Coal and Nuclear is not going away anytime soon, either. Solar and Wind and Water will NEVER satisfy the needs of the US market, much less the world. Propane and Natural Gas and Hydrogen might add a few more options, but seem to be very 'infrastructure' complicated when it comes to fueling. Plant-based Ethanol and Bio-diesels don't seem to be able to make a dent in the overall need, unless you're going to sacrifice FOOD for humans, in the process.

My wife drives the brand New KIA EV9, but I don't care if anyone else does, or whether KIA continues building them, is losing money on them, or whatever: it does not impact us - we drive it because we WANT to drive it.
My two youngest sons drive newer CHEVY BOLTS, and love them. They don't care if GM continues building EVs, or not - it does not impact them. They drive them because they WANT to drive them.

If you want to get me my '66 CandyApple RED 289 Convertible Mustang with 4-barrel Edelbrock carbs back, I'll look into the cost of gas to power it. I may take it out several times a year, but it won't be a daily driver. My brother-in-laws F250 jacked-up Superduty Platinum diesel works well for him, but he also carries a 70-gallon extra diesel tank in the bed. : /

Ford has "knocked it out of the park" with this great F150 Lightning EV MACHINE... but some will still continue to make negative talk, no matter.

After another 42,000 miles, maybe I'll see about any 'maintenance'... but, I doubt it.
I agree with this post - I have had my truck since mid-2022 and am still as excited to drive it as I was the day I purchased it. I also appreciate the usefulness of the Home Integration System.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I see on social media that Rivian owners are starting to receive their adapters. Still surpised more ford owners didnt get theirs before the other automakers started to ship.
I don't think any of us should be surprised at all 😭

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Updates from the last 2 weeks added. A few new data points.

Hoping the next update comes with some June deliveries maybe slipping in early or something.

Attachments

Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Ugh... I have a trip in June that I literally can't make it if EA's Bedford PA location isn't done with the upgrade they are doing.

What will come first? My adapter estimated June (allowing me to charge in Breezewood and near my destination), or EA's Bedford expansion, estimated to be done in mid June.

My hunch is neither.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Ugh... I have a trip in June that I literally can't make it if EA's Bedford PA location isn't done with the upgrade they are doing.

What will come first? My adapter estimated June (allowing me to charge in Breezewood and near my destination), or EA's Bedford expansion, estimated to be done in mid June.

My hunch is neither.
Order A2ZEVs Typhoon adapter, arriving 6/7 - 6/14. After you get the Ford adapter, sell one. With GM not yet in the mix, there will be a market for these for quite a while. https://a2zevshop.com/?ref=Typhoon

kab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER (Atlas Blue)

My hunch is neither.
I'm also anxiously awaiting my adapter to use in Breezewood...I'd much prefer my roundtrips from MD to PA and back to have a quick stop in Breezewood than longer stop in Hancock, MD -- heck, if Rivian would just open up their network already we would be good to go in Breezewood

mtxmiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 lightning lariat ER
I’m 963 order with April delivery date still on order status screen. Haven’t received adapter.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I'm also anxiously awaiting my adapter to use in Breezewood...I'd much prefer my roundtrips from MD to PA and back to have a quick stop in Breezewood than longer stop in Hancock, MD -- heck, if Rivian would just open up their network already we would be good to go in Breezewood
Yep exactly. Bedford isn't just clogged up like always, it's actually closed completely for reno. Looks like maybe I can limp out to Carlisle and then head south to Gettysburg that way. Gonna have to charge to 100 at my house and hope there's no rain or headwind.

Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Order A2ZEVs Typhoon adapter, arriving 6/7 - 6/14. After you get the Ford adapter, sell one. With GM not yet in the mix, there will be a market for these for quite a while. https://a2zevshop.com/?ref=Typhoon
Arriving too late. If I'd have known about EA's plans sooner I'd have 100% gone this route, it's a good idea, and I may still buy an A2z because even June deliveries are probably going to be in September at this point.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I’m 963 order with April delivery date still on order status screen. Haven’t received adapter.
You didn't get an email or an update on the screen moving you to June?

You are a new, interesting data point to add to the list. Order 936 shipped, that was reported. The next order number we had was 1063 and we know they were bumped to June. You are 100 lower than June, but seem to be in limbo if you didn't receive your adapter or get the communication that you are being bumped to June.

mtxmiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 lightning lariat ER
You didn't get an email or an update on the screen moving you to June?

You are a new, interesting data point to add to the list. Order 936 shipped, that was reported. The next order number we had was 1063 and we know they were bumped to June. You are 100 lower than June, but seem to be in limbo if you didn't receive your adapter or get the communication that you are being bumped to June.
Called and got a “not sure what happened” answer.

Ford F-150 Lightning Update: F-150 Lightning Fast Charging Tesla Adapters Start Shipping TODAY Per Ford! IMG_3033

Reactions: GDN
Status
Not open for further replies.