Sponsored

Blue Cruise not work and don't know what to do

wvlightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
About 3 months ago, I noticed on one of my road trips my Blue Cruise wouldn't engage. I checked and everything was set. I didn't pay any mind to it for a little while and then it still wasn't working. I called Ford and they had me look at the licenses section of the Software and noticed that Blue Cruise wasn't there. They Ford told me it was an issue where an OTA removed it from some of the trucks and that it would back eventually. After about 2 weeks later I took the truck to the dealer to get my bed camera replaced and also it was throwing an error for the cameras. I also asked if they was someway to fix the issue, and they replaced the camera and and then just shrugs their shoulders and said we don't know what to do. Any advice? I was thinking maybe once I get the truck back to a Factory Reset and see if it comes back, but I'm afraid I will not be able to register in the app or on my Ford account. Has anyone done a Factory Reset on their truck?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
I don't think this will fix your situation, I have done the factory reset early on in my ownership, it's straightforward and you will be able to rejoin it to your account and Fordpass.

Before doing any resets, confirm all communication and data sharing consents are switched on in the trucks Sync screen.

OP
OP

wvlightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I have confirmed that they are all turned on. My logic is if I do a factory reset, is when the truck phones home after that it will be like "oh I do have blue cruise". But I have been wrong many times before.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Something similar to this happened to me . Can you look at connected services in the app and verify that bluecruise shows up as active? Mine ended up being a ford server side problem. I will caution you that a full reset may fix your problem , but it can take 10-14 days for the truck to reactivate all connected services after a full reset. Also from experience . When you reached out to the BEV team, they probably gave you correct information, but you should be persistent on this. I'm going to PM you with some information that may help.

Sponsored

VeganF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum
Mine does not work either. Just stopped working and says the driver facing camera is blocked. Which it isn’t. Same issue was with the Mach E. There’s no fix

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
About 3 months ago, I noticed on one of my road trips my Blue Cruise wouldn't engage. I checked and everything was set. I didn't pay any mind to it for a little while and then it still wasn't working. I called Ford and they had me look at the licenses section of the Software and noticed that Blue Cruise wasn't there. They Ford told me it was an issue where an OTA removed it from some of the trucks and that it would back eventually. After about 2 weeks later I took the truck to the dealer to get my bed camera replaced and also it was throwing an error for the cameras. I also asked if they was someway to fix the issue, and they replaced the camera and and then just shrugs their shoulders and said we don't know what to do. Any advice? I was thinking maybe once I get the truck back to a Factory Reset and see if it comes back, but I'm afraid I will not be able to register in the app or on my Ford account. Has anyone done a Factory Reset on their truck?
Hey there. Can you please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you have been working with? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your Blue Cruise subscription.

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Don’t do a factory reset. I had the same issue with my Lighting. Call Ford. They will patch you with the Blue Cruise dept. They will arrange an appointment with your dealer and help them thru your issue. My BC failure happened right after an OTA update. It may be a combination of failures also. I did have a camera misalignment issue which also rendered the BC inoperable. Call Ford and let them handle it with your dealer.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Mine does not work either. Just stopped working and says the driver facing camera is blocked. Which it isn’t. Same issue was with the Mach E. There’s no fix
There is always a fix, find a competent dealer, replace the camera.

Caniki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Limited
Potentially dumb question, but is Lane Assist enabled and on? I was getting frustrated that my BlueCruise wouldn't turn on until I realized that I had accidentally turned off Lane Assist.

Sponsored
OP
OP

wvlightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Yes lane assist is on, and when I don't have cruise control on it works perfectly. When I have cruise control on and lane assist on no Blue Cruise message. Its almost as if lane assist quits, and I have checked my account and it does say blue cruise is activated

Biggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER

If you are getting the "driver facing camera," then you have the same exact issue I had. It was a known problem. After update 6.13, a bunch of us had Blue Cruise and Lane Keep Assist broken.

Mine was broken for the past 6 months, until I finally took it to the dealer last week. They updated the software and now it is back to normal.

For anyone who is suffering with this problem like I was, a fix is available. And it's all software, so they should not have to change the camera, etc.

OP
OP

wvlightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Yeah I've tried to engage it and it never received the error?
Sponsored